Rear drum brake sizes????????

-

emnestor

emnestor
Reaction score
I am currently trying to fit wheels for my 72 dart Swinger and I dont seem to be able to fit the same size rims and BS as other folks. i am wondering if this can be due to the type of drums I have. can someone educate me on the different sizes they made? I have a 8 inch rim with 4.5 back spacing with a meager 225/70 x 15 and I am slammed to the wheel lip. I am thinking that maybe I have lost some space due to the drum size. thanks

What size drums do you have? That would help us figure out what you need. They made 9" diameter & 10" diameter drums. Is it a stock size A body rear? We're gonna need more info to help you.

Guess i should have measured before I posted. I will go home and measure and get back to ya. Thanks

I have a 67 notchback with an 8.75 and I have 10 x 1.75 rears. They also make 10 x 2.5. I have a complete 10 x 2.5 but I have not installed them because my car stops good with the 73 duster disks on the front.

Im thinking I must have the larger and they are pushing my rim out towrads the wheel lip. I sure could use that extra space.

Your car could have the b body brakes on it. I have a set of 11x2.5 in the garage.

The size of the brakes has no effect on wheel to fender clearence.

The size of the brakes has no effect on wheel to fender clearence.

wrjjol.jpg

If it has any, it's a fraction of an inch

I guess there could be a difference in the gauge of the metal between manufacturers but you might need a micrometer to tell. The only part of the drum that effects the rear end width is the center of the drum where it's sandwiched between the wheel and axle flange.

-
Back