Rear drum to disc brake swap

-

wicked70496dart

Reaction score
Trying to convert my 70 Dart 8 3/4 from 10" drum to rear disc brakes. My axle offset is 2.185", all the kits I have tried are (Wilwood 2.36 and 2.50) and the rotor hits the adapter mounting bolts and bracket. The axles are Moser with there MO400 bearing. Anyone ran into this issue? Thanks Matt

Trying to convert my 70 Dart 8 3/4 from 10" drum to rear disc brakes. My axle offset is 2.185", all the kits I have tried are (Wilwood 2.36 and 2.50) and the rotor hits the adapter mounting bolts and bracket. The axles are Moser with there MO400 bearing. Anyone ran into this issue? Thanks Matt

Email Doctor Diff. He is the most knowledgeable man I ever met regarding this swap. You may be able to PM him here as well.

I bought a kit off EBAY and they fit perfectly.... Same rear setup as yours same axles on my 67 Barracuda. My rearend has been shortend a good bit but the ends are still stock.

I bought a kit off EBAY and they fit perfectly.... Same rear setup as yours same axles on my 67 Barracuda. My rearend has been shortend a good bit but the ends are still stock.
Do you remember who's kit that was? Thanks Matt

I found out after I bought Pirate Jack rear disc kit they wont work on 14. Wheels ????

I used ssbc kit from summit, fit is good with 14" rallye wheels.

-
Back