rear end crackage

-
Smooth sailing, paint is one color, new battery, alternator rebuild , water pump (a nice hole in the metal near the really short hose)and headlight, now on to the front wheel bearings and breaks.
Still goes forward no reverse, V8 still on stand, 60 mph boat on hold.

Yup she loves the duster (dusty?)8)

Pics from the other half soon.

LCjeff

PS thanks for all of the help!

Hello, my dears,

Sorry I haven't been around in a while. Things have been a bit hectic in my world. But as you can see by the photos, I've been able to do some painting.

I loaded these up in order of which they were taken, but Tinypic insisted on putting them in with my earliest pic at the bottom of the pile. So, these are listed backwards, with the latest photo first.

As you can see, I've got the interior to deal with and the front grill as far as painting. Left the hardest for last, of course, but the red and black duster is now my favorite color--blue. Soon, her doors will have my mascot otter from my business logo, with some other sea life growing around the car. An art project in process.

Looks like Jeff has been updating you on fixes. Yes, still no reverse, but I have been really careful of where I park, so I haven't gotten stuck yet!! (knock on wood).

Took a year to find the right fender and front bumper, then just a couple of months ago, I was parked in a diagonal end parking space of a lot, and saw that someone in the straight aisle ahead of me was about to back out, so I opted to leave the ignition off and sit there while she left. As she got closer to me, I jokingly said, "Oh, please don't hit me!" and just then, she backed right into the same fender we replaced. Luckily, she was going just 3 miles an hour, if that, and just tapped me, causing a small tweak in the fender!!!
She accepted blame, and I got a check from her insurance company.

Jeff straightened out the fender, and all that's left is a minor ding, which I think with some TLC, I can work out.

Anyway, here is a link to my album of photos of Dusty. Like I said, latest photo is first. http://tinypic.com/a/1b0g3/1

Hope you all are well, & I'll try to get over here a little more often. I've just basically been drowning myself in my work and my quilting lately, but maybe that we're getting some sun out, I'll spend a little more time with the car.

Much love,

Cricket

Hi Guys,
Thought I'd better pop in and at least say hi! I know it's been a while, but I have been swamped trying to keep the business open, and poor Dusty has taken a back seat! She's running good, although she has her hiccups every once in a while first thing in the morning. I've got almost the entire exterior painted, except the piece that is just between the front bumper and grate. Then I can think about the inside. She's got a leak somewhere in the near the front dash. If I place my left foot where I'm most comfortable near the brake, it gets wet when it's raining! And this morning I noticed the newspaper I had behind the drivers seat is soaking wet. Hmmm.

The main trouble I'm having now is hoses for the heater/defroster. The holes are all different sizes. The two on the bottom that exhert the air are 2" and 2 1/4" and the ones on the dash for the other end of the hose are 2 1/2". The store here has hoses that are all the same size on both ends, so Duct tape is currently my friend! But it keeps falling out of the dash, so I'm currently handling that end of the hose by hand. This morning I had to pull over just to defrost the window!! lol
And, of course, she still has no reverse. But I've gotten so used to that by now, it's second nature for me to find that right parking space!! Hopefully, this summer, I can work a bit more on the body. What I'd really like to find next would be a dash, as the one in her now is severely cracked all over.
Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive and well!! Much love, Cricket

Dang!

You need to stop in more often!

Remember..... Mopar comes first life comes second!! LOL!

Cricket, I had a feeling this was for your car. The description of the car and the location kind of gave it away. The 7 1/4 I have is in a Dart and works great. If you need it, let me know soon because I am making plans for the car as I type.

Hey Ben, good to have you back, and I hope everything is calming down for you and you can settle in to a more relaxed mode!!! Geof

Hey Ben, good to have you back, and I hope everything is calming down for you and you can settle in to a more relaxed mode!!! Geof

I was thinking the exact same thing, but then looked at the dates and found Ben's posts are from 2009.
C'mon back, Ben. You're missed!!!

Dang!

You need to stop in more often!

Remember..... Mopar comes first life comes second!! LOL!

Thanks mullinax95, I'll try and do so more often! It's just this place gets so addictive, and I don't get any work done!! LOL Once these rainstorms stop,
I'll take some current pics and post them. I'll see you guys soon.

xxoo

-
Back