Rear end Trouble

-

pupjoint

pupjoint
Reaction score
Need some help, I have a 2001 model 2500 dodge truck 4x4 5.9 cummins. Problem the rear end give me problems. I think it's a dana 70. Had the clutches and the 4 small gears replaced. Now when I turn the inside tire does not free spin but keeps pulling, the additive was put in the oil, took it back to shop it was pulled apart and clutches soaked in oil for an hour, put back together, better but still no free spin when turning on blacktop. Any help appreciated.

This may seem silly, but find a large parking lot, and drive in one direction in a figure 8 pattern, then reverse (as in do it in the opposite direction) the figure 8.

It may help free it up some. I had to do this when I rebuilt my suregrip.

What friction modifier did they use?

That's not silly at all Bruce and it usually works as sometimes it takes a bit of the clutches actually moving to get the slip additive imbedded in them.

I know, but it sure does sound that way. I just didn't want him to think, "yeah right". LOL

I know what you mean and I think the same about some of the stuff I post. :D

Like when someone was trying to determine what the puddle under their car was and I told him to taste it.

I don't think it is silly at all, I thank you for the response. I bought the modifier and parts at a gear shop, don't remember the name of the modifier. But I will go do some figure 8's Thank's
GREG AKA PUP JOINT

Use two bottles of additive, DEALER ADDITIVE, not parts house additive. It's a common problem. Then do your figure 8's, and all should be good.

Russ.

I know, but it sure does sound that way. I just didn't want him to think, "yeah right". LOL
Yeah, right! Do donuts count? I could do them in both directions........I guess not as your looking for slip.

Bruce, FYI, that's exactly what Subaru says to do to a new viscous coupling in their AWD cars. It works, too.

Viscous coupling......sounds like a **** movie.

Nope ain't done any yet. Been remodeling house. And also me and computer had a misunderstanding, long story short got a new computer, will figure 8 tomorrow. Thanks for the replys

We thought maybe you got out there, and couldn't find a way out of the figure 8, lol.

We thought maybe you got out there, and couldn't find a way out of the figure 8, lol.

Just like some songs, can't find the end........

And also me and computer had a misunderstanding, long story short got a new computer, will figure 8 tomorrow. Thanks for the replys

Damn computers. Got them, don't mean I have to like them or understand them.

Russ.

Went and done figure 8's this A.M., didn't T-bone anything, or even get a visit from the law enforcement. Rear seems to be much better now, I thank all for the help and response's.
pup joint

-
Back