Rear-Engine '91 Dodge (Aluminum 225)

-
Reaction score
My last and only spare aluminum 225 block is en route to its new home in Pennsylvania. So I got one more chance to do a pet stunt, though this time instead of calling a machine shop and saying "I've got a Dodge 225 to bring in", I called the FedEx Office and said "I've got an engine block to ship"—then walked in through the front door, carrying it with my two hands and no sweat. Official FedEx weight of the block with main caps: 76 pounds. This is block number 44126 (of approximately 51,000 built), but it's an early-type block (with lifter oiling bosses) and was assembled into an engine on 11 June 1962, relatively late that model year. This is a real nice block; no corrosion and stock bore with only enough of a shadow of a ring ridge to just barely catch a fingernail held at just the right angle. I held onto it for more than two decades without doing anything with it…time to let it go. :-\

AL_225_Trunk.jpg

AL_225_Scale.jpg

AL_225_Serial.jpg

AL_225_Stamping.jpg

(Shaddup! I said it's a '91 Dodge, I said there's an aluminum 225, and I said it was in the rear. None of that's false!)

A guy that goes to my gym has an aluminum 225 in his DD '62 Plymouth. In the summer he'll switch to a '62 Falcon but he loves the heater in the Mopar.

I hope someone does something neat with that motor!

Pretty clever, Dan. lol

I always thought that the aluminum slant sixes were cool, too bad a lot of them got corroded.
They probably didn't use the right coolant as specified.
76 pounds...........wow!

We could take that a step farther with my Clark Cortez side draft slant with 4 speed transaxle...

-
Back