Rear glass looking strip 65 Cuda

-

65dartcharger

Dart Charger 273 Historian
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I might have found a NOS rear glass locking strip for a 1965 Barracuda here in Sweden. I checked the FPC and there is different partnumbers. 2082278 for the front windshield and 2424426 for the rear glass.

I wonder if the length on rear glass locking strip could cover the front glass? Since there is two locking strips on the rear glass I wonder about the longer strip.

Any help is gladly appriciated.

Thanks FABO

The large piece over the back window is just shy of 12' or 142 inch's, that's me holding a tape measure so it's just a close measurement . The front window locking strip was 159" this is a brand new one. Now it could be a bit long because it says cutting maybe necessary.
Lets see how close these measurements come to what grimreaper comes up with.

I wound up going out of town and just returned tonight. I'll check the measurement tomorrow.
I did see that AMS Mopar- Frank Mitchell had a front lockstrip listed and sent a request for price. They returned this:

2082278ORIG windshield lockstrip, $295 + shipping\

Thanks,
Mike
http://www.mmpar.com/AMS2015Web/default.aspx

I finally got the lock strips measured. The windshield lock strip measured 141.5 inches and the back glass lock strips measured 143.5 inches for the long piece and 47" for the short piece that goes across the bottom. These measurements are not precise as the strips have taken a set in the curved shape that they have been in for the last 50 years so they are hard to measure, but they are pretty close.

2082278ORIG windshield lockstrip, $295 + shipping

dude, thats criminal. I dont care how NOS that may be.

BTW does anyone know what the dimensions are of the OEM lockstrip? like
$(KGrHqJHJEUFBf,U,vuGBQbgi7zihg~~60_12.JPG

I just bought one NOS locking strip for 1964 and 65 A-body. I was fortunate tobfind it here in Swefen in mint condition. There is only one issue, the strip is in two pieces which mean I need to have it that way too! But it's better then the 66 style.

Plashy! I'll get the dimensions for you when I recieve it.

I just bought one NOS locking strip for 1964 and 65 A-body. I was fortunate tobfind it here in Swefen in mint condition. There is only one issue, the strip is in two pieces which mean I need to have it that way too! But it's better then the 66 style.

Plashy! I'll get the dimensions for you when I recieve it.
Very good, Tack!

a seller quotes his replacement:

"...front windshield uses 14 feet Barracuda rear glass used 16 feet.
Smooth domed shape fits original gasket nicely.
Not as original but a very nice replacement.

The original measures .580" x .220"
The new one measures .511" x .250"

image008.jpg

Although slightly smaller I have found it to fit perfectly in stock gaskets..."

google "mazmatic" he sells this domed replacement.

This is what I used on my front windshield... I never found one long enough to do the rear window... But, I did not really look all that hard as I had the rounded smooth lock strip that I had previously bought. This chevy ribbed one fit a little tighter then the round smooth...

Note: Not even sure if that part number is correct or not... but that's what they wrote on my receipt.

Measurements .562 x .236

Clif of Az. :coffee2:

Attachments

• LOCSTRIP.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 95
-
Back