Rear leaf spring shackles

-

Tony Barracuda

Reaction score
So just installed 8 3/4 with leafs, front hangers and shackles. They seem to be leaning in on both side, both inward. I thought they were supposed to be straight.
is this norma? I didn’t even notice the old 7 1/4 and leaf’s when I git them out.

IMG_1316.jpeg

IMG_1322.jpeg

IMG_1323.jpeg

A-body or b-body 8 3/4? The perch widths are different. If that is a b-body, without the perches moved, the shackles are probably trying to compensate (a-body perch width 43", b-body 44" center to center)
Measure your spring pad width at the rearend

B body is wider at 44”, not 43” like A body, so that’s not the issue. Are the front hangers the same left to right or are they offset to their 4 bolt pattern slightly? I can’t recall from when I installed new front hangers on my Duster but I think there may be a left and right front hanger.

Stock spring hangers are the same left and right. Double check that the spring perches are 43 inches center to center.

Perches are at 43. These were new and assembled on a 71 demon. The spring , hangers and shackles were all together. I assembled it on the diff and installed in the car. I took hangers, shackles with spring all assembled and swapped it today and it seems better. still a slight lean inward equal on both sides but the bushings not in bind anymore. seemed the other way the bushings had a slight bind. ???

-
Back