Rear seat questions

-

zombie

Reaction score
I have a question regarding seat covers and rear seat dimensions for a 69 Dart. I have reason to believe I have 67 Barracuda rear seats. The dimension across the top is around 51" and I have a substantial gap, see pic below. I have a spare spring seat that is 53.5" across the top, which would fill the gap. Can someone confirm the correct size? And can I stretch the seat covers an extra 2+ inches? The stitching lines up perfect on the 51" seat, so I'm guessing they won't.
I may sell the seat shown...

Attachments

• IMG_20160213_170936585.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20160213_171312462.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 141
Hmm, that upholstery pattern is correct for a 67 Barracuda. but all three Barracudas had different rear seats -- fastback, convertible, notchback. I only have the first two -- your seat would have to be off a notchback, if it's off a Barracuda, I would think. I don't know why exactly it would be narrower than a Dart, but the rooflines and rear window shapes are very different.

Someone put a 67 Barracuda rear seat in my 68 notchback when doing a color change.

I just went in the garage and measured it. Yes it's 51" top seam to top seam.

Any 67-69 Dart hardtop rear seat frame will interchange. Maybe other years will fit, like 70-72. Or even 73-76.

I very much doubt that seat skin will fit on that wider seat frame.

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for confirming the measurement!
The car had buckets from a 67 barracuda, it never dawned on me the previous owner swapped front and back...
I'm also skeptical the cover will fit the wider seat. Looks like another project may be added to the list, new seat covers again, but these will work in the short term.

-
Back