-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Wilkie

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I have a complete rear defogger system in my 70 Dart Swinger, however I want to install to rear 6x9 speakers. I am looking for the housing that holds both the speaker and defogger motor on the passenger side of the package tray. I know they made them for the E-bodies, but I am not confident the same one will fit. Does anyone have one? I need the complete setup including offset mounting bracket like in this photo.

5189223-Oct42007(5).jpg

I have a complete rear defogger system in my 70 Dart Swinger, however I want to install to rear 6x9 speakers. I am looking for the housing that holds both the speaker and defogger motor on the passenger side of the package tray. I know they made them for the E-bodies, but I am not confident the same one will fit. Does anyone have one? I need the complete setup including offset mounting bracket like in this photo.

View attachment 1715133381
I have one...

I had to use one for a e body just modded it a bit, cut off a small piece I believe.

Sorry if the original post confused anyone. I am trying to find the housing (with bracket) which mounts to the speaker hole and allows me to mount my defogger blower and my speaker.

Will do, have it in the shop, hey try AMS obsolete, need the part number though.

For a 70 swinger you mighthave to rotate the housing sideways and rotate the blower output.

The picture of that one in the green car is installed wrong. The speaker goes directly under the package tray hole. The blower/suction is offset to the side.

Here is the offset adapter in my 68 Barracuda. Please ignore the installation of the freebie speaker

pict1984a-jpg.jpg

Note the stabilizing tab will not take that factory Z-bar like bracket. There was under structure that I put a machine screw up to. Really should have added a hollow tube around the screw to hold it on both directions. But it been that way for 20+ years

pict1985a-jpg.jpg

rrdefrostvents-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
The 70 swinger has the 6 x 9 speakers oriented lengthwise across the package tray in the same manner as the E bodies. It looks like your 6 x 9 opening is lengthwise oriented front to rear which would explain the need for adapting. I think I will be able to more easily make it fit then you did but I have been wrong before.

The 70 swinger has the 6 x 9 speakers oriented lengthwise across the package tray in the same manner as the E bodies. It looks like your 6 x 9 opening is lengthwise oriented front to rear which would explain the need for adapting. I think I will be able to more easily make it fit then you did but I have been wrong before.

Yes that will be helpful. Just watch out for trunk hinge support bars.

And note that green car has the speaker in the wrong hole.

Does your package tray have that little bump to accept that stabilizing bracket?

IMG_1079.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back