Rear window regulators

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
If you have followed my build Im working on a 72 plymouth scamp. I want to know how to get the rear window stuff out? Also it doesnt roll up or down very easy can you rebuild these? If so what needs to be done an parts?

I took mine out of my 67 Dart to tint the windows (though I scratched them up putting them back in so I ended up retinting them in the car, lol). They weren't terrible to get out, just had to pull the tracks out and pop the windows off the rollers. If you can find a picture of the windows out of the car there are slots in the bottom with a bigger hole at the end. I think the idea is to get the roller to these holes so you can just pop them off the track and take the window out. Then regulator should be pretty easy I would think after that. It was just a bear wrestling with a heavy window trying to get them back on the tracks in the car without scratching stuff up. I just loaded my regulators back up wtih some spray white lithium grease and hosed down the rollers with the same. Work them a lot out of the car with grease and I would think they should free up. Not sure about rebuilding them completely, didn't try taking mine apart. If you end up needing rollers try RT Specialties, they looked like they had most of them.

Just finished up with mine. Not too bad but your cramped for space. Take the upper trim rail off and the side panel. Remove the glass first. If you can't get to the glass bolts ,you can undue the regulator bolts and the glide ajusting bolts and let everything slide down but i would recommend trying to get the glass out first. Once you get the glass out the rest is pretty simple. The regulator will come out through the hole at the bottom. Putting it back in is a *****. I would recommend before anything that you draw circles around the bolts and adjusting bolts before taking apart. My regulators were tight also. I got them out and soaked them in degreaser over night, blew them out with air and regreased them with letheium grease. Also check to see if anything is bent . My drivers side 1/4 was really screwed up. I was for ever trying to get it lined back up. It was a really frustrating time. I ended up having to tweek the bottom brace because the window would not line up. Its better now but not great. I have a shop manual but wasn't much help. I got some advice from a couple guys on here. Pm me if you like and maybe i can help if you get stuck .

-
Back