Rebuild or Crate Motor??

-

BobsDart

Reaction score
I have a 40 over 360 with Edelbrock heads that I built 11 years ago. Still runs good 12.80's.
Want to go thru it, haven't taken it out or apart yet. On the fence with going stroker or not??? Been pricing out parts to rebuild it..... buy short block add my top end.... or buy a completed crate motor,and sell mine complete? Looking a Indy,Blueprint(warranty 30mo/50Kmi) and Carolina Engine.
Looking for 425-450hp.
Been reading alot about stroker failures???? Just looking for others thoughts and experiences. Car is a street car first with the occasional past down the track. I am planning on redoing the entire car, paint,body, interior, drivetrain....

Thanks
Bob

64 Dart 2dr sdn
360/904/391

Looking for 425-450hp.
Been reading alot about stroker failures???? Just looking for others thoughts and experiences. Car is a street car first with the occasional past down the track. I am planning on redoing the entire car, paint,body, interior, drivetrain....

Thanks
Bob

64 Dart 2dr sdn
360/904/391

What stroker failures? My 416 has been flogged pretty hard and it runs better for it. For the $2500 for the crank/rods/pistons why not try a little mo stroke? Huge difference. :tongue5:

What stroker failures? My 416 has been flogged pretty hard and it runs better for it. For the $2500 for the crank/rods/pistons why not try a little mo stroke? Huge difference. :tongue5:

One of the members here had a failure, PettyBlueDart.. a local friend had a failure that broke the block, cyl 1&2, made it a V6. Seems to be a crank issue.. Like I said I'm looking for info, pro and com on the strokers... I know this is just 2 examples.. I built my motor with my brothers help, first one for me... Nothing special done to it, didn't even have the crank checked(cast), new pistons, rings and bearing etc.. It's been to 6700 by mistake still runs strong, just want more power and torque that comes with a stroker.

Bob

I thought I had read that PettyBlue had hydraulic a cylinder due to a needle and seat in the carb leaking gas into the engine...and when he went to start it...it hydraulic and broke the cylinder/block.

which is not really a reflection on the crank...rods or pistons...just one of those unfortunate things...

I thought I had read that PettyBlue had hydraulic a cylinder due to a needle and seat in the carb leaking gas into the engine...and when he went to start it...it hydraulic and broke the cylinder/block.

which is not really a reflection on the crank...rods or pistons...just one of those unfortunate things...
Tony your right,my stroker would still be running 10,s if it wasn,t for my own errors.:banghead:A costly mistake,but I,ll be building another stroker again without hesitation.Good luck.

One of the members here had a failure, PettyBlueDart.. a local friend had a failure that broke the block, cyl 1&2, made it a V6. Seems to be a crank issue.. Like I said I'm looking for info, pro and com on the strokers... I know this is just 2 examples.. I built my motor with my brothers help, first one for me... Nothing special done to it, didn't even have the crank checked(cast), new pistons, rings and bearing etc.. It's been to 6700 by mistake still runs strong, just want more power and torque that comes with a stroker.

Bob

Go over to the racers forum and look at the vids Mark (Bamamopar) posted. Him in his red Dart and me in the white/red fish used to run door to door. No mas... The engine was the only change and it had a 340 before. Mark has a 340 with eddy heads.

-
Back