Rebuilding 73 duster front end

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
I wanted to know how I should go about this. Im looking to replace my converter and headers also, so i wanted to know if I should remove the engine and transmission, so I can remove the entire K frame or just Jack the car up and replace the headers then the front end and then the TQ..Keep in mind this might be a 1-2 person job in a Garage at my house with jackstands, cherry picker and a jack only to support the car.

I have removed k-members with the engine left in place, but that has been at wrecking yards, but the process is the same. The engine needs to be suported and there are lots of ways to do this. The easiest is under the oil pan with a jack stand and piece of plywood.

Just going to do the headers and then the front end then the TQ

if you put headers on the car...you will more then likely be removing those headers again to change out the torque converter....as headers usually get in the way of everything.

ok so then TQ then headers then front end all at one time, when I get all the parts.

Remember to block the back tires for safety, I had a close call because we (dad and I) neglected to do so. and I would work inside out.

-
Back