Votes: 13 10.7%

Votes: 12 9.8%

Votes: 32 26.2%

Votes: 45 36.9%
  • Other

Votes: 20 16.4%

• Total voters
-
get yourself a 360 block, they are a dime a dozen, take it over to the machine shop, have it cleaned, tanked and and bored if needed, buy a drop in stroker kit, you can buy stroker kits ready to drop in for as low as $1300, machine work might be $500ish, add a nice cam, many to choose from and a set of prepped J or X heads and you have a nice stout streetable small block that should smoke the cleavland, depending on how that was built, ya didnt tell us that, if you are going to rebuild a small block i suggest a stroker kit, like was said earlier, there is no replacement for discplacment, and you can do this on the cheap. i was resourceful and did the whole thing under 2k,

If money were no object.....a 6.4 hemi F.I. Turbo conversion. Very streetable and LOTS of power.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this. I would like to start by saying thanks for all your input! I thought about Turbo charging the /6 back when I was rebuilding it :p but I have to agree with J4R3D when he said the /6 isn't a "Muscle" engine. I was already leaning towards a 360 / 408 stroke so I thats what I will probably go with. I don't know how my friends 351c is built but beating it on a track is more of a "want" than a "need". It's not looking like she will get her car done anytime soon :(

Sadly I don't have the resources required to build it myself and can't seem to find a place near me (Kirkland) or the car (Arlington) that has a good reputation that can build me a motor. So does anyone have an idea on a shop near me or should I just get a crate engine online?

you say u want a motor but never said a power package hot rod built a 318 for 1500.00 385hp 408trq with out touching the bottom end and all out of junk yard parts and a little work.we should rember that a small block is or could be just as nasty as a b.block. 318s are comon with the right combo rear and trans u could do a lot. i have a70 with a360 77 and a dana 60 11:1 compresion runs 11.9at120mph it is stock from the pistons down so i vote a small block

-
Back