-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtn Thunder

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Contact seller
This started as a bare 2-70 standard bore block. Now .020 over.
It was square decked and align honed. Bores were machined and honed with a deck plate.
It has a neutral balanced cast SCAT 3.58 stroke crank, with Eagle H- beam rods and K-B 107 .60 over pistons.
Comp Cams XE274H hydraulic cam, lifters, and pushrods.
Mancini adjustable rockers.
Edelbrock heads.
Weiand Stealth intake.
Holley 750 vacuum secondary carb.
Firecore distributor.
ARP fasteners used through out the engine.
Stock 340 oil pan.
I ran this for about 100 miles in my Dart before I sold it. I had stock X heads on it until some one offered to buy them. It now as the Edelbrocks.
Compression is approx. 10.2 to 1.
It has been on the run stand for a while now and I have had the engine apart several times to swap the heads etc. Hence it shows some wear. Internally it is still new.
You can hear it run if you stop by Tehachapi in your travels.
I have receipts for every thing here and can show where all work was done.
I'm asking $3800 as it sits. Carb to pan.
I'm in Tehachapi, Ca. 93561 and am willing to ship to the lower 48 if you pay freight costs.
PM me here with any questions.

100_3328.JPG

100_3330.JPG

100_3333.JPG

100_3332.JPG

It was square decked and align honed. Bores were machined and honed with a deck plate.
It has a neutral balanced cast SCAT 3.58 stroke crank, with Eagle H- beam rods and K-B 107 .60 over pistons.
Edelbrock heads.
Weiand Stealth intake.
Firecore distributor.
Stock 340 oil pan.
I ran this for about 100 miles in my Dart before I sold it. I had stock X heads on it until some one offered to buy them. It now as the Edelbrocks.
It has been on the run stand for a while now and I have had the engine apart several times to swap the heads etc. Hence it shows some wear. Internally it is still new.
I'm in Tehachapi, Ca. 93561 and am willing to ship to the lower 48 if you pay freight costs.

View attachment 1714953169

View attachment 1714953170

View attachment 1714953171

View attachment 1714953172
I`m not a small block guy. but, .020 over block, w/ .060 over pistons ?

The KB 107 pistons are 4.06 bore with the correct compression height to run a 3.58 stroke crank as this engine has. 340's stock have a 3.31 stroke crank and a 4.04 bore. A 0.020 overbore 340 block is a total of 4.060 bore. 360 small blocks have a stock 3.58 stroke and a 4.00 bore stock. A 0.060 360 block bore is a 4.06 total bore size.

Both engines can run this piston if using a 3.58 stroke crank.

Thanks for the explanation Rocket. " I thought big block guys knew everything! " LOL
not this one ! never messed w/ a smallblock mopar, did build an estimated 600h.p. 406 sbc tho. hell, I ain`t even stopped the oil leak on my 505 yet ! thot it was the rearmain seal, but seems to be the combination of a girdle and windage tray. going to remove some of the rear lip of the girdle and can (sell) the windage tray, don`t think I need it and a girdle both.

Never got a chance to really run it. The trans needed some adjustments after rebuild. Found out after running down the street the first time out. During the week the car was at the trans shop, I got the offer to sell minus motor and trans. It was too good of an offer to pass up so I made the deal. I have not had a car to put it in since and don't plan on looking for one. I'm building my last car right now. An original numbers matching 340 Swinger. It will be for my wife.
I will be bringing the remainder of my parts to Fall Fling to sell, so if there is any interest I can bring the motor with me.

Never got a chance to really run it. The trans needed some adjustments after rebuild. Found out after running down the street the first time out. During the week the car was at the trans shop, I got the offer to sell minus motor and trans. It was too good of an offer to pass up so I made the deal. I have not had a car to put it in since and don't plan on looking for one. I'm building my last car right now. An original numbers matching 340 Swinger. It will be for my wife.
I will be bringing the remainder of my parts to Fall Fling to sell, so if there is any interest I can bring the motor with me.
What is the cubic inch now

Edelbrock heads.
Weiand Stealth intake.
Firecore distributor.
Stock 340 oil pan.

View attachment 1714953169

View attachment 1714953170

View attachment 1714953171

View attachment 1714953172

I,am headed for Ohio sunday to buy 340 engine and I,am in southern Calif. would like to talk to you about your engine might, save a long trip.

Sorry guys, I got tired of everyone wanting something for next to nothing and just stayed away for a while.
I have found a use for this motor and will do some reconfiguring for it's next life. Thanks to the good guys for your interest.
For now consider it sold.
jl Larsen, contact me if things don't work out in Ohio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back