Recent Mopar Convert

-

KlobraCuda

Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Army Reserve
Reaction score
Instead of replacing my former '67 Mustang with another Ford product, I opted instead for a '65 Barracuda, and my only regret is that I didn't convert to Mopar long before I did. I look forward to participating in, and contributing to, this forum.

image.jpg

Great lookin ride. You're gonna love being the only one at the show with that make and model!!!

Instead of replacing my former '67 Mustang with another Ford product, I opted instead for a '65 Barracuda, and my only regret is that I didn't convert to Mopar long before I did. I look forward to participating in, and contributing to, this forum.
Welcome Aboard! Funny thing, my wife is also a Ford girl gone MoPar. She had a '67 triple black 302 stang. I brought home an '67 Cuda where she promptly landed claim & took possession.

Just share what you have learned and what you discover. You'll fit in just fine.

Welcome to FABO from North Georgia!!

Great looking '65!! Agree with @69conv, you're going to get a lot more attention with it than you did with the Mustang.

Great lookin ride. You're gonna love being the only one at the show with that make and model!!!

Believe it or not, I just went to a show and there was another '65 Barracuda with same engine, transmission, paint color and interior (but far nicer in all respects) as mine.

Beautiful car. Nice to see a convert. Chebbys and Phords everywhere. We are an the red headed step children of the group, but that's just fine with us because we have the coolest cars. Virgil Exner way back, and the cool designs continued after he was gone. Look at the style in that car of yours!

Welcome!

Welcome Aboard! Funny thing, my wife is also a Ford girl gone MoPar. She had a '67 triple black 302 stang. I brought home an '67 Cuda where she promptly landed claim & took possession.

Just share what you have learned and what you discover. You'll fit in just fine.
My wife tolerated, but never really liked, the Mustang. She likes the Barracuda, though. Go figure.

That's a wild coincidence !!! If it bothers you put on some different wheels, but I would have fun driving around behind him.

That's a wild coincidence !!! If it bothers you put on some different wheels, but I would have fun driving around behind him.
I forgot to add that he had different (much nicer) wheels on his, and his is what mine aspires to be, so there's no way anyone would confuse the two vehicles at any distance closer than 20 feet. :) Plus, I also had my local graphics/sign company (Off Road Graphics in Loganville, GA) add some accent stripes using 3M film that they use for vehicle wraps.

1965 Barracuda Before Accent Stripes.jpg

1965 Barracuda Accent Stripes 1.jpg

1965 Barracuda Accent Stripes 2.jpg

Did you do the install? That adds a lot of personality to your ride. Not every car wears stripes well but yours does.

View attachment 1714991607
Welcome..THANK YOU,for your service time ,SIR...Nice ride,a bit hard to find parts for....

Welcome from North Carolina. I'm restoring a 65 barracuda formula S. These are my favorite cars from the 60's. Congratulations on scoring a really nice looking ride

Did you do the install? That adds a lot of personality to your ride. Not every car wears stripes well but yours does.

I didn't dare attempt the install myself. I'm lucky to manage installing a bumper sticker. I had a friend who's a graphic artist and who runs my local sign shop do it. Total cost for design, materials, and install was comparable to prices I've seen online for stencil kits and/or decals.

Nice to have connections, and you just got a whole bunch more!!!! Not sure what else you have planned, your car looks just about done.

I forgot to add that he had different (much nicer) wheels on his, and his is what mine aspires to be, so there's no way anyone would confuse the two vehicles at any distance closer than 20 feet. :) Plus, I also had my local graphics/sign company (Off Road Graphics in Loganville, GA) add some accent stripes using 3M film that they use for vehicle wraps.

View attachment 1714992058

View attachment 1714992060

View attachment 1714992064

I'm wondering if you had ever driven a torsion bar Chrysler before you swapped your Phord for this car.
The point being is the Barracuda is a much better engineered product than the same period Mustang.
"Extra care in engineering" was the motto.
I drive an A body almost 80 miles a day and have for the last 15 years.
You can feel it when you drive.
I won't bore you with the fact that the first generation Barracuda actually beat the Mustang to market.
If you didn't know that, you could read all about it on the internet .

welcome from sj ca , nice ride , air wow . hav'nt seen that much , pb ps too ? got a 64 273 4spd . not as sweet as yours .

Scan0013_0013.jpg

Scan0014_0014.jpg

Scan0019_0019.jpg

-
Back