rechrome bumpers

-
I had some done for a '68 B'cuda and a pair done for a '73 Dart Sport. They were done at a place in K.C. I can't remember the name of the place right now but I have the info in my truck and will try to remember to get it for you tomorrow. A friend also had a couple of pairs done there and was very satisfied. They weren't cheap, though. One pair of mine was $700 and the other pair was $750.
BTW, Central Rubber Bumper in Camdenton used to send chrome bumpers out also. I was thinking theirs went to St. Louis but I may be wrong. You could call them and check.
Oh yeah, I also remembered there's a place in Cuba. I would use them as a last resort, though. I've heard their work is a little spotty, quality-wise, although I saw some of their work a few years ago the looked good. I'll try to get phone #s for all 3 places tomorrow if I can remember it.
Dallas

Tri city plating in Elizabeth, Tn did a good job on bumpers for 67 Dart GTS. Very nice man to deal with

Used Tri city on the Duster. Guarenteed for life.

How does a guy go about shipping a bumper across the country anyway? I'd like to send my rear bumper to Tri-City but how do ya box it up??

George

Good question. I would wrap in newspaper, then wrap that in what they call "shrink wrap." that shipping plastic cling wrap.

Roll it with bubble warp stuff and tape it up really good. That's what I did to both of my bumpers for the cuda when I sent them to TriCity. There really isn't a perfect way of shipping bumpers unless you got the perfect box for it to fit in.

Tri-City and Bumper Boyz

I would not recommend "Bumper Boyz". Got their bumpers for my 66 Cuda. One year warentee, started to rust in less then 18 months. Called them up to see it they would do anything about it. Said they would give me 10% off another one, but I would have to pay shipping for the new one and the return of the bad one. That was more then the 10% saving. Still have the bumber on my car, and make sure everyone knows where it came from.
PS: purchased at the Daytona Turkey Run, so no shipping on the original.

I would not recommend "Bumper Boyz". Got their bumpers for my 66 Cuda. One year warentee, started to rust in less then 18 months. Called them up to see it they would do anything about it. Said they would give me 10% off another one, but I would have to pay shipping for the new one and the return of the bad one. That was more then the 10% saving. Still have the bumber on my car, and make sure everyone knows where it came from.
PS: purchased at the Daytona Turkey Run, so no shipping on the original.

Well aren't they nice to do business with? The word gets out quick. The customer is ALWAYS right!:-D

Tri City for me too!! I had 2 sets re-chromed and they did a great job on both. If you have a show that they participate in close to you they will bring the bumpers to the show and not charge any shipping.You'll have to use your old bumpers as cores.

-
Back