Rechroming front GT spears on 65-66 Darts

-

65ChargerDart

65ChargerDart
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone have good results having the front GT spears re-chromed without losing the GT emblem detail? Or know of a repo supplier?

I had mine rechromed at Space Coast Plating in Melbourne Fl... They did a great job...then I went to a car model store and bought the exact colors and repainted the red, blue white inserts....they turned out GREAT!!! the etchings were not damaged at all during the rechoming process..

Here are a couple of pics from a 2nd set I had done....have not painted them yet..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 2.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 3.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 4.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 113
I had mine rechromed at Space Coast Plating in Melbourne Fl... They did a great job...then I went to a car model store and bought the exact colors and repainted the red, blue white inserts....they turned out GREAT!!! the etchings were not damaged at all during the rechoming process..

John,
What was their turnaround time and were they expensive? Since they are pretty close, I was thinking about having some of my D/Dart and Belvedere stuff done by them. That way they can't loose the parts in shipping.
Alan

John,
What was their turnaround time and were they expensive? Since they are pretty close, I was thinking about having some of my D/Dart and Belvedere stuff done by them. That way they can't loose the parts in shipping.
Alan

Hi Alan, I think I paid $120 for the pair...it's been a couple years, the turnaround time was less than 2 weeks for anything I had done there..they are not cheap, but they do great work, I had them do all my stainless in "flash chrome"...man it looked great....just sold my 66 and buying a 65 vert 4 speed. I am sure I'll be doing business with them again...

My buddy had one of his rechromed and it turned all foggy after a couple months for some reason.

-
Back