recomended Radiator?

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
just curious does anyone on here know of an affordable and really good radiator. need it for a 360ci. i dont want to buy a crappy one so does anyone swear by a certain manufacturer?

STOCK>>>the BEST is MODINE style .... 3 row ,the tubes are closer together than conventional radiator ... YOU cant go wrong!!

If you can find one of those big old dodge vans from the 70's then just grab the radiator off that. Fit in my duster with just a few small cuts and I have never had any overheating problems at all. I can run back-to-back all night at the track without it ever overheating by 10 degrees. I really don't know squat about radiators, but that's just my experience.

I'm runnin' a real nice Griffin aluminum 2 row. the tubes are big flat ovals.
I made a custom aluminum box style shroud and mounted my 16" 2950 cfm fan in it. I had to add a shield to the top of the cutout to keep the heat off the intake/carb!
What is your budget?

I am running a Dodge pickup radiator 26" wide. I don't know year of truck it was just a shell left. It is a 2 row but keeps engine cool in 100 degrees at drag track. And that was without a shroud. It fit fine just had to drill a few new bolt holes.

after trying several stock style the best I found was Summit Racing universal crossflow to keep my 499 stroker cool. Was having a Griffin built but kept backordering it until time for Cruising the coast a few years ago so I had to have something so I tried the Summit that was on sale for like $139 and was best money I spent.

I love my Griffin but I would not spend $600 for a radiator if I had it to do again...LOL

i need something super low-buck. i needs to keep a 360ci nice and cool. and it need to fit in a 70 dart swinger. i dont care if its stock or aftermarket. i assume aftermarket would b a better route though. anything light and efficient and CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!

i need something super low-buck. i needs to keep a 360ci nice and cool. and it need to fit in a 70 dart swinger. i dont care if its stock or aftermarket. i assume aftermarket would b a better route though. anything light and efficient and CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!

$250 is pretty cheap for a nice aluminum radiator w/16" fan!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alum...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

But heres another:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-RO...043QQitemZ200397594691QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts

Ebay has it! LOL

-
Back