Recommendations on new shop

-
I went with 10'x10' in center with 10'x8' doors on each side and walk in door on right side. I takes 36' wide to get 3 10' wide doors in. Mine is 36'x40'. Trusses are the key

DSC02036.JPG

DSC02121 (2).JPG

Instead or running hard line I went with this heavy duty reel and put compressor out back under stairwell going to 12'x40' storage up top

DSC06070.JPG

DSC06073.JPG

Depending on the size of your building you might want to consider a Bend pak lift. They make a 4 post lift that you can install wheels on and move around. Pretty slick setup, when the lift comes down it levers wheels under the corners, 1 person can roll around. Love mine.

Hey..... THANKS guys. Tons of great information. This is the awesome thing about fabo. Anything you can think of to ask about there will be someone that can help. I'm already changing plans and haven't started construction yet. Better to change now than later. Thanks again for all the great ideas now all I gotta do is figure out if I have more time or money to do this (probably not enough of either). lol.

Hey..... THANKS guys. Tons of great information. This is the awesome thing about fabo. Anything you can think of to ask about there will be someone that can help. I'm already changing plans and haven't started construction yet. Better to change now than later. Thanks again for all the great ideas now all I gotta do is figure out if I have more time or money to do this (probably not enough of either). lol.
Good luck with your project. Most stick buildings are built on 16 inch centers. If you think you might want a substantial exhaust fan for painting and things, you might want to frame an area accordingly. Like a 2 foot window with a header but down low. My 2 cents.

sorry I just built a 30x30 slap shop had 1/2 poured 6 inch 4 a 2 p0st lift. shop cost 15000. the res u run with but u need a 6 inch slab to mount a 2 post lift.

-
Back