recurving distributor

-

ir3333

Reaction score
is it necessary to weld both slots?
I always have, but it seems one side alone should stop the mechanical advance?

I just did one today! I have always welded both, thinking that if you only weld one there may be side loading causing the upper shaft and rotor to wobble. For what it is worth, you are there set up with the welder, why not do both?

With the limiting plate available I would not weld a damn thing.

got my plate from Mancini for 18 bucks, needed some other parts so shipping was not to bad. no more welding.

Now that's cool. I gotta have me one of them! Ordered! Thanks for the tip guys!

........Dam that's a nice part, but with our dollar in the toilet $20.00 usd = $25.95 Canadian.... shipping is $31.95 usd = $41.46 ouch......$67.41, i'll keep on welding.........kim......

i ddint know either,,just e mailed them see if it will tune a dizzy to what i need on a small displacement motor,,, need 8 initial and 30 total on a 241 ci hemi

i ddint know either,,just e mailed them see if it will tune a dizzy to what i need on a small displacement motor,,, need 8 initial and 30 total on a 241 ci hemi

I have a 270 hemi, pretty much the same as your 241. I run a small block distributor in mine. There is noreason you couldn't use a stock small block points or electronic distributor in yours with that limit plate.

...Rusty comes through again.I never knew these were avail.
might not be too hard to make either

Would that plate work with a unit like this?

All the ones I had seen the slots were straight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 368
You can solder the slots too.... Much easier to work with while you are dialing it in.

I have a 270 hemi, pretty much the same as your 241. I run a small block distributor in mine. There is noreason you couldn't use a stock small block points or electronic distributor in yours with that limit plate.

ive e mailed them to see if this plate will limit the mopar performance dizzy t o what i need,, hot heads calls for 8 initial and 30 total,,,thanks for this topic,,

Are those numbers on those FBO plates cam degrees or crank degrees?

Judging from the examples on the website, crank degrees...........

http://www.4secondsflat.com/Mopar Mechanical timing limiter plate.htm

A partial quote:

==============================================================

No more! Figure out the amount of mechanical timing you need, drop in the plate and your done!

The laser etched numbers on the disc tell you the amount of mechanical timing so for instance...

If you want 18 degrees of initial timing you set the plate on the 16* slot 18+16= 34* total

If you want 24 degrees of initial timing you set the plate on the 10* slot 24 +10= 34* total

If you want to lock down the distributor with NO Mechanical timing at all then just drop the plate over the 0 round hole.
============================================================

Timing is always referred to in crank degrees unless otherwise noted. In fact, I would question someone's intelligence if they referred to timing in cam degrees for any other purpose other than camshaft timing adjustment such as degreeing a camshaft in.

Timing is always referred to in crank degrees unless otherwise noted. In fact, I would question someone's intelligence if they referred to timing in cam degrees for any other purpose other than camshaft timing adjustment such as degreeing a camshaft in.

I think he meant DISTRIBUTOR degrees which is what all the specs are listed in.

-
Back