Red wheels or body color wheels???

-

ValiantOne

Reaction score
Hey all,

I put a set of red wheels on my car as it was the only lbp set I had after the suspension upgrade. Now I have to get the real shoes on her. Thing is, I kind of started digging on the red wheels. It has kind of a hot rod look to it. I was going to go with body color wheels, but now I am torn. What say you all?
IMG_20170409_112551626.jpg
IMG_20170409_112020136.jpg

Nice car...your car.
That said, I feel they're kinda loud.....
I think black would look killer against that body color.

Jeff

Well I'm with the rest of the guys......Body color. I did mine black with dog dishes. I'm now leaning to body color.

IMG_2601.jpg

If your car isn't red, it should never have red wheels. Even then probably not.

Valiant one, I am with you, however I will say I am a hot rod guy to as well as liking "A" bodys, well I agree body color is always a good choice I think with a set of bottle caps on those wheels it would look outstanding! but as mentioned earlier it's your ride, go with your gut.

Sorry, I'm with the 'red ain't workin' crowd. Body color or black. dog dishes would be good.

red has its place....
DSCN1868.jpg

No it doesn't. That truck would look better without them. It's a stupid rat-rodder thing. It's overdone, and it never looked good in the first place. "Hey, look at my tractor!" :rolleyes:

It's too bad, because that truck looks fairly well done besides the red rims and goofy skull. Flat black is mean enough, you're trying too hard!

Flat black , gloss black , semi gloss black , whatever just black wheels , will look good

If your car isn't red, it should never have red wheels. Even then probably not.
Certain cars with certain reds look good with them. But to me it's all determined by the shade of the red.

If it were mine (and it's not) I would go with semi gloss black.
Nice ride!

Black chrome or body color

Valiant One, I do every car on a tight budget,and use what ya got. Junk yard steelies are 14 inch fronts from a Aspen with 195/70/14 tires.The rears are from a 88 Dodge Diplomat. 195/65/15 tires from the wife's PT Cruiser to make it driveable.After the photo's I changed the rears to 215/70/15 for a better look.

IMG_2608.jpg

Valiant One, I do every car on a tight budget,and use what ya got. Junk yard steelies are 14 inch fronts from a Aspen with 195/70/14 tires.The rears are from a 88 Dodge Diplomat. 195/65/15 tires from the wife's PT Cruiser to make it driveable.After the photo's I changed the rears to 215/70/15 for a better look.

View attachment 1715037143

Lol, my rf fender is smoonched too. I've been looking for a straight one for years. Seems like all the parts cars that come up have the rf screwed up in some manner. Love the car. Thanks for posting your combos. Must not get much rain where you are.......

Okay, I think the consensus is NO RED! Which is cool, I just needed to hear it from someone else. I'm not a fan of the black so I'm going to go body color after all, or close to it as I'll be mixing my own paint. Even these wheels will be temporary in a manner of speaking (a year or two) b/c someday I'll do some 17s or 18s to go with the handling / pro touring theme.

-
Back