Reflective Tail Stripe 68 Cuda

-

JTG

Reaction score
Just want to see how many folks on here like or do not like this look for the rear of a 68 Cuda. Or is body color your preference for this area.

Attachments

• 68_Rear.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 291
I think it's a cool look and a logical extension of the design theme. I think there was even a dealer decor package that included this -- the Spring Special or something.

I kinda like it without... just a personal preference

Attachments

• IMG_0291.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 273
of all the years i hung out at my local plymouth dealer back in the late 60's and 70's, i can honestly say that i never saw a single barracuda with this rear reflective tape option. that was in w.va. i have a feeling that this option was a regional thing either in the south, mid-west or west. i know this option is listed in the sales material but it seems like not very many buyers opted to buy it. the tail lights on the 68 are really too small as the 67 and 69's look better at the bigger size. one thing you can say is that this tape stripe does make the tail lights look a little better. still, i'm not going to put one on my turbine bronze fastback.

Definatley go with the reflective option over body color. I think it completes the tail light area.

Looks pretty cool , but I like the body color better. But it is very nice.

Looks pretty cool , but I like the body color better. But it is very nice.

I like it. I always wanted it on my 68, back when it was new. thinking about it on this 68 build, but it would have to match the 45 yr old tail lights perfectly to look good---jmo-----bob

The feedback I have seen has stated that the red doesn't match the red on the tail lights. If that is true I wouldn't use it. I would make sure and get a color sample to compare before I place an order.

Mine was a spring special and came with it new. When restoring the car I figured I would see how I liked it without the tape. If I didn't like it it would be easy to add on later.

I have it on my car. The thing about it is, it's just a sticker. If you don't like it, you can take it off.

I feel it finishes the rear of the car given the design of the 68 tail lights.

i like the reflective tape better, makes the tail light area look more complete. to bad they did'nt make the 68 tail light like the 66 charger that would look sweet.

Mine was a spring special and came with it new. When restoring the car I figured I would see how I liked it without the tape. If I didn't like it it would be easy to add on later.

Yeah that's what I recall. It may have been a half year intro. I believe the package also included the chrome grille inserts. The whole insert was chromed, painted black and only leaving the leading edges chrome.

I duplicated this on my driver 68. I just like the look better than the somewhat plain argent grilles. Real ones have the word "chrome" molded into the plastic on the back in raised text. If I ever get around to body work and paint, I was planning on adding the red decklid tape.

Our taillights may be small, but the pink around the outside is sexy.

This stripe comes in two different shades of red from what I've found, majority of the retailers are carrying the maroon reflective stripe and most of them note that it is a darker shade of red then the tail light lens, then there is a few selling the stripe in reflective ruby red, couldn't find a pic with it on a car, but the pic shows it on the roll, maybe the ruby red is a closer match.

Attachments

• rr.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 177
  • rrt.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 175
I have it on my car. The thing about it is, it's just a sticker. If you don't like it, you can take it off.

I feel it finishes the rear of the car given the design of the 68 tail lights.

Hi 1968FormulaS340, is your sticker original or did you put it on afterward, and does the color match the tail lights or is it more of a maroon shade.

-
Back