Regards from México A body fan and owner

-
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I live in México city I own couple of old mopars, an A body 76 duster and an 82 Dodge Diplomat lets say, actually, translating to mexican marketing names, the first one is a Valiant Super Bee and the second, a Dodge Dart.
The Super Bee is a 360, 4 speed matching numbers I am the third owner of this beauty. The Dart is a slant 6 225 stick also but three-on-the-tree. I have enjoyed these rides for almost 4 years now. They are awesome rides.
I hope to stay around these forums for long time.
I have attached a couple of pictures of my rides.
Regards,
MexicanWhiteBee

DSC03315.JPG

DSC03316.JPG

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

Welcome! And right-on, another 1976 Duster with a 360.
Is that a factory hood tach buy any chance? The factory did things somewhat different on export cars...
Great stuff, enjoy the site.

Yes 340butterduster, that hood tach is a factory installed equipment, all Super Bee`s here in México had that one as standard equipment since 1970, except for 1971 cars only which had the rally cluster with the tach in the middle of it.
That super bee name continued with the F body Valiants until 1980, but these ones didn`t have the hood tach or any tach for that matter.
One oher thing, these cars are not USA exports, those were assembled here in México, at the Toluca assembly plant which currently builds PT Cruisers (for some more months only) and the Dodge Journey.

Thanx, I like learning new things, so now I have a new source to try and find a hood tach, LOL.

I didn't realize the Super Bee ran that many years either.

Thanx, I like learning new things, so now I have a new source to try and find a hood tach, LOL.

I didn't realize the Super Bee ran that many years either.

Yeah, here Valiant Super Bee`s were in production from 1970 to 1980, on 1981-1982 the HP car was an M body called "Dodge Magnum" it is actually quite similar to my Dodge Dart but those had a 360 engine and some other performance enhacements, for instance the Dana 44 axle, similar to A bodies super bees.
BTW e-bay is a good source for hood tachs I think, actually I have been looking for a working replacement tach, mine unfortunately does not work.

You got some cool Mopars . Would love to see a interior picture of your Dart.

Man i saw a bunch down there in DF when i went about 4 years ago. I kept seeing 73-74 dusters with the snorkel hood scoops. Nice car and nice to see mopar lovers from outside the US.

Welcome. We can now put Mexico in the hat for the drawing for a place to hold our annual FABO convention. Last year it was in St Louis at Monster Mopar Weekend. Looks like it will be there again. Nice cars. A Dart? Manual tranny Dippy? Wow. If you can take some pics of a late model dart super be and post em over on the general discussion board. Thanks and you have now arrived. Feel free to roam around the site.

Welcome to this great site
Nice 76 duster and 82 Dodge Diplomat
A had a 82 police package Diplomat and drove it like I owned it.
Jump on in and enjoy. We have some great Tec's and people here.

-
Back