Rejoining the abody crowd

-

daithi2

493" S480
Reaction score
in 90's i went to washington and bought a 73 Dart Swinger. 318, rough paint, 7.25 rearend but it was my first real car.

Nov0434.jpg

Nov0435.jpg

drove it for quite some time and put a 360 in it which later lost a main. for some reason or another i sold it.

joined the military saw it on ebay (reconized it by same licence plate number!!) bought it, again..
took the car to hawaii with me, back stateside and then to oklahoma.

harleysdart.jpg

momstruck3.jpg

fresh paint, 408 stroker beautiful car!
some time later had some guys steal the wheels and set it on the ground, went thru a breakup and for some reason sold the dart, again.

now to present day. drove 5 hours to buy it back again!! PO said the 408 blew up, paints faded, ran into the garage and killed the passenger door put in a magnum 318 and has electrical problems now.

f91d08df.jpg

7aac5747.jpg

still had the tags from when i sold it
829bb134.jpg

and the hawaii inspection!
d0b8df9c.jpg

all in all i think me and this ol girl were ment to be together, i just cant escape her.

plans are already in the works already got new wheels, working on the body i'd like to convert to 72 front end, lots of work ahead, going 500" and turbo (s480)

shes been mid 11's with 408, looking for 10.00's

all in all i think me and this ol girl were ment to be together, i just cant escape her.

Certainly seems so!
Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here.
Make sure to continue to post pics as you proceed along getting to know the ol' girl all over again.
Great story.

well that was a condition with the wife, if i buy it this time im not allowed to sell it! usually its the other way around!

Cool car and story.
Welcome from Texas.
Since the car not for sale , How much for the wife?
Just kidding around...Thanks for service and you will find that this site rules.
TXDart

Attachments

• dart4 006.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 74
-
Back