Remflex DIY

-

dusterbing the peace

FABO pyrite member
Reaction score
Pretty friggin tedious, but got them done. Asked a few times via phone and email but they didn’t seem interested in doing sets for me (SBM Victor heads)…didn’t do too terrible myself but would much rather have nice clean edges from the mfg. Anyone have an actual contact there?
1678668020855.jpeg

1678668050010.jpeg

1678668155644.jpeg

Shoot, that'll work. Nice job!

You might've been able to make more if you only made the flange sections.
I have another sheet and may give that a go, just a little extra PITA during install to get each one in place. Number 7 is a slip tube so will probably have to cut that one off the gasket anyhow.

How did you cut it out?
Outside edges were one of those small, breakaway style utility knives…scored the tracing, then went over it a few times until I got through. The port holes are a 1-3/4 hole saw that I hammered in first, then turned back and forth by hand until it made it through. For the bolt holes I used a 5/16 punch and then a 3/8 drill bit. Was the best I could come up with on the piece I cut off the end to practice with…sheet is 24”, gasket is only 19”, so had a little extra to get the hang of it. Second gasket only took 30 minutes after a couple hours of figuring it out on the first one:realcrazy:

Just a thought.

If you made some aluminum (even hard wood would work) templates you could use a router with a bearing bit or template guide and make super clean cuts.

Basic idea.

The router is a good idea and another way to get clean cuts would be to sandwich between a couple sheets of tempered hard-board or plexiglass. Then cut the perimiter on a band saw and drill the holes. You will need to figure out how bolt the three together securely through waste areas, but you should get nice clean cuts.

Edit... A fine cut coping or jig saw may work better for the exhaust port holes if the hole saw tears, but if you can control the feed in a drill press it should be OK with the hole saw.

Last edited:
-
Back