remote drivers sport mirror cable routing??

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got the damn thing installed in my demon. two issues. Remote won't tighten in the door. I installed the backup tin nut and when I tighten the chrome flange nut it only goes so far and then is very loose or sloppy on the thickness of the sheetmetal?? Second issue is the cable routing is suppose to have some sort of loop clip way up high in the door. I don't feel any so the window gets hung up on the cable every time I operate it???

A couple of poor engineering drawings. There is a little bracket that holds the cable out of the way inside the door. Without it, just use a zip tie in a strategic location to tame the cable.
Remote Control Mirror drawings.jpg
mirrorcablebracket.jpg

I have a 74 Duster, and I ran my wires on top of the door. I bought a aftermarket clip that slid over a metal strip that runs along the top inside of the door. I did not have that clip like yours.

same here, i used a zip tie thru the upper part of the door seal. pulled it back,drilled a small hole, and slipped a zip tie thru and secured that way. i made a spacer for the inside of the door so retaining nut could sinch all up tight. this is what is supposed to retain the housing from the inside of the door. didnt work for me.
IMG_1554.JPG

A couple of poor engineering drawings. There is a little bracket that holds the cable out of the way inside the door. Without it, just use a zip tie in a strategic location to tame the cable.View attachment 1715044675 View attachment 1715044674

OK, I searched and found my correct bracket as shown in the photo. It also has the small bolt that goes through the sheetmetal and into the captured nut on that bracket. Can anybody here tell me or show me a picture of where that bolt goes through the door for the proper location of that bracket?? Thanks....

OK, I searched and found my correct bracket as shown in the photo. It also has the small bolt that goes through the sheetmetal and into the captured nut on that bracket. Can anybody here tell me or show me a picture of where that bolt goes through the door for the proper location of that bracket?? Thanks....

Mine has a clip that clips on the edge of the front most opening in the inner panel to turn the cables back inward, and another that went in the very front of the door body about 3/4 of the way up the door that holds the cables in a loop around the front of the glass.
(right about where the door seal is on the outside of the door where it meets the body when closed)

Mine has a clip that clips on the edge of the front most opening in the inner panel to turn the cables back inward, and another that went in the very front of the door body about 3/4 of the way up the door that holds the cables in a loop around the front of the glass.
(right about where the door seal is on the outside of the door where it meets the body when closed)
Thanks. I will look for the hole in that area.

It is well hidden. On mine the hole (and screw head) is under the weatherstrip indicated in the photo below.

20180620_171849.jpg

-
Back