Removable paint?

-

Denvermike

Reaction score
I have been toying with the idea of painting the hood of my 66 Barracuda flat black. Does Krylon still make a spay paint that can be washed or peeled off? Has anyone ever used it? Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Mike

if you go on to the Ram Forum site, that's practically all they talk about. Well, that and jacking their brand new trucks up about 5 or 6 inches, or using spacers behind their wheels so their tires stick outside of their wheel wells ala Hot Wheels style, hahaha.
I think they call it "PlastiDip" or something like that.

I have been toying with the idea of painting the hood of my 66 Barracuda flat black. Does Krylon still make a spay paint that can be washed or peeled off? Has anyone ever used it? Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Mike
Talk to a local sign company that does wraps.

E0D69A10-4695-4CED-8754-D22657C9D2CA.jpeg

Krylon does still make a spray and peel: http://www.krylon.com/products/spray-n-peel/

I found it works alright on wheels but painted surfaces can be a pain. Had best results when using a good silicone/wax remover before applying.

You have to get a good balance between the surface being clean enough that the stuff just doesn't slough off and a surface that is too rough - the stuff will not peel off. Oxidized clear-coat is a good example of a bad surface to use it on...

Thanks for all the input!! Right now, I just want to see how it would look. If I really like it, I'll properly paint it.
Thanks again,
Mike

Watch a few youtube videos about it. Lots of them out there on both putting it on and taking it back off.

Go to dipyourcar.com

Order three gallons.

Get a Wagner paint sprayer. Don’t like it peel it off. You can add flake, tints, all kinds of stuff. Easy on. Easy off. Painted several cars with this stuff and if you run from the cops.... just make sure you peel it off that night and ride around the next day.

(Did that on my sport bikes all the time)

DipYourCar - World Famous Peelable Auto Paint

-
Back