removing ballast resistor WIRING, MSD, switched 12v source,

-
Well, I'm kind of a dope. Just so happens there's a little Y connector that comes with the 6 AL. Almost like it was made for this express purpose... It has male spade ends that plug directly into the female spade terminals in the OE harness. All I had to do was pull the blue and brown wires out of the back of the bulkhead and plug them into the Y connector - a little heat shrink and it was a done deal. Doh!

I'm also doing the Mad Electrical ammeter bypass at the same time so I had already pulled the B.H. connector out which made it easier to get the spades out and to verify I had enough length to where I mounted the box.

In addition, I also have a Denso 60 amp alternator coming from Mancini so I can now ditch the external voltage regulator and it's sense wire/ballast resistor wire. Plus, no friggn' splicing or anything, just plug and play. All is good.

Man, I sure like to make things complicated sometimes.

I do not get pin 86 of relay. If it is powered by 87, the NO contact, the relay will latch and it will crank forever while the battery runs down, on the first start.

I do not get pin 86 of relay. If it is powered by 87, the NO contact, the relay will latch and it will crank forever while the battery runs down, on the first start.

I don't either. If this is a "standard" Bosch relay, the wiring the OP laid out is all wrong

Do I understand that you no longer plan to add a relay?

So called "standard" SPDT relay

38cc_1.JPG

I some how missed post on second page with smart phone. But, agree relay plan no good, in the case someone tries to use it.

Correct, no relay. I really just over thought it and hit the keyboard without thinking it through. Seems to happen to me every so often.

I also admit that I did have the relay layout screwed up. I should know this stuff too, I'm a little ashamed considering my level of *ahem* training.

Again, the MSD comes with a splice connector so all I did was plug it in and heat shrink it. This is all happening behind the bulkhead connector so I have achieved my goal of eliminating unnecessary wiring.

Thanks for the input gang.

-
Back