Removing carpet...

-

billytuffnuts

Reaction score
I'm converting my 72 demon column shift/bench seats to a floor shifter car. I need to remove the carpet to install the new shifter and was wondering how I go about removing the carpet. Do I just yank and pull or what? Also, is it possible to remove it with the bench seats still in? I just need to remove it enough to mount the shifter (b&m hammershifter).

Also, how about installation? Do I need anything special?

I think you'd be better off pulliing the seats. Pull the door sills and the carpet should pull up easy.

As far as I know you dont need any special tools, just remove the kick panels, door sills, and I believe there is a thin metal piece on the floor in the back on either side. You may have to remove the bench seat. Give yourself some room, a little extra always helps! Good luck

Yep,remove the sill plates and maybe the kick panels and you should be away.
Hope the po didn't glue it down.

Lol,posted exact same time as 4spd.

I guess I'll just see how it goes. I'd like to keep the bench seat in just for reference because space to mount that shifter is limited. I suppose I could always put it back in after I remove the carpet...

Cut the carpet around the shifter; install the shifter, then figure out that you want carpet or not.

Don't forget, the seat belt anchors will have to come out also.

"Allright, we're goin' Brazillian!!"

-
Back