removing fenders on a 65 dart

-

Shaun65dart

Reaction score
i am going to be removing fenders from a parts car tomorrow. can any of you tell me the process of removing a fender off the 65 dart? does the bumper need to come off? where are all of the bolts located? About how much time will it take to remove two fenders? Reason for these questions is i wont have much time to do this. thanks guys

It does help to have the bumper off.
The bumpers do remove easily though.
Regarding the fenders... There are bolts at the radiator core support, along the fender apron, near the rocker panel down low and the oddball: It is a threaded stud located under the top edge of the fender near the door. You can see it with the door open. Often times it is the first bolt that I remove.

i am going to be removing fenders from a parts car tomorrow. can any of you tell me the process of removing a fender off the 65 dart? does the bumper need to come off? where are all of the bolts located? About how much time will it take to remove two fenders? Reason for these questions is i wont have much time to do this. thanks guys
Yes, bumper will have to be removed. Bolts on top are obvious. Splash shields will have to be removed.
One bolt on top rear corner can be seen when rear splash shield removed. Bolts will have to be removed
from valance and fender. 1.5-2 hours per side. And a lot will have to do with how rusty everything is. Use
lots of penetrant.

Step 1: take off the headlight and remove wiring. You need one Phillip screwdriver.
Step 2: remove the 1/2' head bolts on the radiator support, two bolts on each side.
Step 3: remove the front inner splash shield, four 7/16' bolt and the four bolts that holds the fender to the front valence.
Step 4: remove the middle bolt that hold the rear splash shield against the fender, one 1/2' bolt and the rear lower bolt, 1/2' bolt that hold the fender to the rocker moulding.
Step 5: remove the rear upper nut. 1/2' nut that holds the fender to the cowl.
Step 6 remove the four bolts 1/2' bolts on the inside toward the engine compartment.
Step 7: remove the front upper nut, 1/2' nut under the hood bumper.
Step 8: remove the fender.
You can make the two fenders on 90 minutes without alot of rust. WD 40 makes the bolts easier to loose.
Good luck!

Hey...YOU are the guy that just bought the car and also needs a trunk lid, right?

Heat up bolts throughout with a propane yellow tank first.
You will thank me.

Just removed all the bolts for both fenders except for the upper cowl nuts on the studs from the fenders of the 65 Barracuda I'm parting out. All the top visible bolts came right on out. I had already removed the lower valance this afternoon so it was all real easy. I would agree with 65dartcharger about 90 minutes for both fenders

-
Back