Removing Smog Equipment

-

moparichard

Love MOPARS
Reaction score
Not the end of the world...but I can see it.
I want to remove the smog "stuff" from my 86 Dodge pickup.
I've replaced the stock exhaust manifolds with headers.
I've removed the "smog" pump, and all the tubing from it to the
Catalytic unit.
What else can be removed?
What else needs to be done?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 179
Before you do anything else, (and I don't know about AR) find out what state requirements are for smog inspections. Also, if you are a town near a state line, and your vehicle might be likely to get sold across state lines, you might want to consider that

Here, example, in Idaho, we are only 20 mi or so from the WA state line. The Spokane area requires smog inspections, so the likely hood of someone buying your car who's in WA is very likely

You might be interested to know that it is AGAINST FEDERAL LAW to remove any smog equipment from any vehicle. I realize nobody enforces this. It is however the law.

Is this thing a lean burn setup? Injected?

Before you do anything else, (and I don't know about AR) find out what state requirements are for smog inspections. Also, if you are a town near a state line, and your vehicle might be likely to get sold across state lines, you might want to consider that Here, example, in Idaho, we are only 20 mi or so from the WA state line. The Spokane area requires smog inspections, so the likely hood of someone buying your car who's in WA is very likely You might be interested to know that it is AGAINST FEDERAL LAW to remove any smog equipment from any vehicle. I realize nobody enforces this. It is however the law. Is this thing a lean burn setup? Injected?
to my knowledge, ar has no testing/inspection

I have a better option. Think about,the long term effects, of the swap. .We can't make any advice, without info. This is MeMike zone. Don't yank anything, until you know. I embellished enough stuff,in Cali.(smog tech)....

-
Back