Repeat and Re-repeat.

-

ramenth

Gratis persona
Reaction score
My three year old, Cyrus, has to do the things that I do. From riding on the lawn tractor, mowing the lawn to cleaning the house to wrenching he has to be with me, doing the things I do. My neighbor is astounded by how hard he works beside me at three years old.

My one year old, Nick, has to do things from like his big brother. He wants to drink out of Cyrus's cups, eat his cereal out of a bowl like Cyrus does, play with Hot Wheels like Cyrus does.

Yesterday evening we took a walk around the yard, checking on the trees and bushes I've planted, my kids right beside me.

Life is good.

no kidding

i met our neighbors daughter the other day
she was home from college and was mowing the lawn

i walked over to introduce myself and she chuckled at the thought she had come home today, and her dad had put her to work right away
i pointed over my shoulder at my 8 and 4 year old who were picking up downed branches so i could mow my lawn and said, "yeah, its a dad thing, its what we do"

on a side note, wait till they are a little older
the way i had divided the work among my kids is the big one gets to make sure all the branches fit on the cart (thats a machette job) and the middle one gets to load the smaller branches

i, as the dad, get to drive the lawnmower around :)

And that’s the way it should be, father and son spending time together doing the things that need to be done.

My soon to be 3 year old grandson absolutely loves to ride the tractor and mow the lawn. The only thing he loves more outside is towing. The little maniac will hook anything to anything if he can tow it! I think it comes from riding the lawn tractor pulling the leaf cart. He has a little battery operated ride on "Gator" and he is constantly "hooking" something up to it! His Dad and I are constantly towing, so I'm sure that plays a part.
Yup, life sure is good with the little ones by your side!

My three year old, Cyrus, has to do the things that I do. From riding on the lawn tractor, mowing the lawn to cleaning the house to wrenching he has to be with me, doing the things I do. My neighbor is astounded by how hard he works beside me at three years old.

My one year old, Nick, has to do things from like his big brother. He wants to drink out of Cyrus's cups, eat his cereal out of a bowl like Cyrus does, play with Hot Wheels like Cyrus does.

Yesterday evening we took a walk around the yard, checking on the trees and bushes I've planted, my kids right beside me.

Life is good.
That is about as good as life gets!

:thumbsup:

-
Back