Replacement 340 motor mount brackets.

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Since I've pretty much concluded that Schumacher is belly up, anyone know of other sources of replacement and swap motor mounts.

I am having zero luck finding replacement 340/360 mounts. I'm talking about an original 340 car with a 340 going back in but the mounts were missing. Schumacher used to have the direct replacements.

Everything I find is for swapping a 340 into a slant k frame.

I think we are screwed. Do a want add on here or the other F*BO sites.

The rubber isolator or the mount itself that bolts to the block. If you need the mount your going to have to find some original ones. You can also run 318 ones and just add spacers on the one side. I have done it many times, its not a problem.

There is a thread where a member modified a 318 mount, I don't recall who it was though. I have used a 318 mount with spacers without any problems, but I understand why a correct one would be preferable.

does somebody have the thickness and configuration of the required spacer?

If you have or can get some 318 mounts, you can just modify them.

Top pic is a proper 340 mount, second is a factory 318 mount, third is 318 with addition of a screwed on extension plate, and fourth is 318 with welded extension.

Last pic is a before and after of a 318, mount cut narrowed welded, and leg added version.

Pics are compliments of other FABO members, I found in other threads.

But if you don’t want to get into fabrication, then a want add is going to be your remaining route.

E8D33F59-2DEF-4712-A1FF-7AD5170B45E6.jpeg

6C337677-A45E-4E61-962B-0AD4F4DEDD7B.jpeg

A97626D2-FD0A-4411-BC89-894DA55C6CDE.jpeg

6C55AC34-4527-4E29-A72B-CD7157438971.jpeg

Last edited:
at that price, they better come with a core 340 block

I think we are screwed. Do a want add on here or the other F*BO sites.
Im gonna take measurements of mine and make some blueprints before i install my engine. If i ever need them again i will make my own. It cant be that difficult. Mine are for a 73+ /6 to small block id like to get my hands on some other varieties and make some measurements of them also. I could make a side gig making them for you guys lol

Im gonna take measurements of mine and make some blueprints before i install my engine. If i ever need them again i will make my own. It cant be that difficult. Mine are for a 73+ /6 to small block id like to get my hands on some other varieties and make some measurements of them also. I could make a side gig making them for you guys lol

I betcha you can cut them out of properly sized channel

Yep exactly what I was thinking too. Then shape them to the correct contour if you needed a offset you could weld washers and add a offset anything is doable that's why I love fabrication so much. I'm not good at it yet but I'm getting better

If one could make a bender you could probably bend a piece of flat stock to the right shape too. Or even weld three pieces of flat together to make a box. I'd rather have a solid piece tho. But I bet it would work. Just better have some really strong welds lol

A decent size press and dies and you too can whip up some factory looking mounts. Might need a water-jet or plasma to get your flat stock correct before pressing. Having to drill that stuff by hand... no thanks.

No sweat on using the pictures. It's a great reference of different ways to address/solve the issue.

If you have or can get some 318 mounts, you can just modify them.

Top pic is a proper 340 mount, second is a factory 318 mount, third is 318 with addition of a screwed on extension plate, and fourth is 318 with welded extension.

Last pic is a before and after of a 318, mount cut narrowed welded, and leg added version.

Pics are compliments of other FABO members, I found in other threads.

But if you don’t want to get into fabrication, then a want add is going to be your remaining route.

View attachment 1715524686

View attachment 1715524687

View attachment 1715524688

View attachment 1715524689

I think this should be made a sticky, or put in the "How to" articles for others to use. Very good post and pictures, Mr. MOPAR4Me!

Since I've pretty much concluded that Schumacher is belly up, anyone know of other sources of replacement and swap motor mounts.

I am having zero luck finding replacement 340/360 mounts. I'm talking about an original 340 car with a 340 going back in but the mounts were missing. Schumacher used to have the direct replacements.

Everything I find is for swapping a 340 into a slant k frame.
classic industries

Heck, once again this is something that's covered in the MP engine book and has been for decades. They show step by step how to modify the 318 bracket by welding on a tab with a hole in it. Real simple.

-
Back