Replacement Carb for a 70 340

-

SSSN8KE

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Current I have a Carter AVS Carbon my 70 Duster 340. I’m looking to replace it. It seems that the Edelbrock AVS2 Street Series (1905) is a strong possibility. Also I have seen the Edelbrock Performer series (1405) as a possibility. I know this has been beaten to death but I would appreciate your comments. If I go with Edelbrock is there any other accessories that I will require?

I‘m leaning towards the Street Series.

Thanks
Stu.

I’d use the Edelbrock AVS-2 650 & get the throttle adapter. Use the Edelbrock thick gasket to mimic the OEM gasket. It approximately .333 thick. That gasket will stop heat percolation of the fuel.

I’d use the Edelbrock AVS-2 650 & get the throttle adapter. Use the Edelbrock thick gasket to mimic the OEM gasket. It approximately .333 thick. That gasket will stop heat percolation of the fuel.
That’s the carb (1905) I am leaning towards. I have several thick gaskets I can use. Thank you rumblefish for your comment

Use what ever makes you happy. I don’t know the model numbers to what model they actually coincide with.

I’m just suggesting the 650, AVS2 model.

I just bolted the 1906 AVS2 on my stock 340 with Performer RPM intake. Unfortunately it won't be on the road for quite awhile but I'm confident it will do the job nicely.

Any of the Edel AFB or AVS carbs will work well, but the 650 AVS2 would be the ultimate.

For half the price of an AVS2
You can get a Chinese knock off Edelbrock 600 CFM, brand new
James thank you for the comments but I would prefer not to go down that road.
Any of the Edel AFB or AVS carbs will work well, but the 650 AVS2 would be the ultimate.
Bewy Thank you for your input, much appreciated. I'm going to shop around and see what kind of deal is out there!

-
Back