Replacement Defrost Duct Hose '70 Dart

-

Robj

Reaction score
Anybody have an easy replacement solution for the defrost duct hoses for a '70 Dart. Mine is pretty shot where it connects to the outlets up top. Guess I can tape them but I'd rather replace. It's a daily driver so I'm not worried about it being judged. Just want air to the windshield.

Thanks.

This has been asked before, HVAC tube at homedepot/lowes is the ticket, unless you want to spend $150 for the real deal.

Thanks. I figured somebody had figured this one out and wanted to save some gas driving all over creation looking for something.

I got mine at a standard parts house.
If yours is the same as mine one hose outlet on the heater box is smaller than the other so I made a spacer collar for the small outlet and used the same size hose on both.
Both defroster vents have that same larger size opening on them.

What the heck?!?!? I know these cars had loose tolerances but three different sized ducts openings?? The two on the heater box are different - one smaller and one larger and then the two up for the defrost ducts on top are even larger yet. What were those engineers smoking back then? I bought the same sized duct hose and it fits perfectly on the larger of the two heater box openings. I can deal with the small one but up top it's exactly the same size at the ones on top so it won't go over them. Looking at the originals, they were actually flared to fit the larger openings on top. Why not just design them all the same size?

I guess I have to see if I can find a larger hose now so i can secure the ones up top.

-
Back