replacement harness question

-

jfarr1970

Reaction score
New to Mopar...just bought a 70 duster roller with orig 340 that is out of car currently. Wiring looks sketchy...to replace wiring harness which company would you guys reccomend? Want something dependable and fairly easy to install. Thanks guys!

Year One if you wanna break the bank, if you're going for a showroom resto that's fine, but if you wanna just drive and enjoy the car without it catching fire, this seems the be the best value I can find, http://ezwiring.com/wiring_harness.html , looking to replace my harness soon to, will probably be going with them. Talked to their sales guy, says all harnesses are headlight to taillight full car harnesses. Worth a look.

ive been thinking about that ez kit for a while now , $185 sure beats $1100. year one is waaaay overpriced.

i hear you carnut, looked at how much it would cost to buy the three or so kits it would take to rewire my whole car and it blew me away. the description on the ez kit sounds like they use some durable stuff and i'm looking at the one with all the extra circuits and fuses so i can add all those nice bells and whistles down the road if i want. what'd be nice is if someone on here who's used one could chime in and give us some facts

I am using a Ron Francis Kit. I am in the middle of it right now. Kind of a pain in the A**. I got the "mopar" kit but the instructions to wire the ignition show a GM ignition and a RF ignition.

The neutral safety switch it screwing me up as well so I need to call them. My last call to them was not to pleasant so this should be fun!

I used the EZ wiring kit as well as cudaspaz (he's the one that told me about it). I didn't have to much trouble installing it. There was some head scratching going on sometimes but all said and done it was worth every penny.

so looking at their web page it doesn't look like it comes with too much other then a fuse box and some wire. guess it would help if they actually had some decent pictures of their product.

so does this kit come with anything to rebuild you light sockets or are you on your own with that? does it have any built in relays? what exactly does on of their kits come with??

i'm doing my car with an american auto wire kit and it comes with all kinds of stuff like the ends to rewire every light socket ( headlights,side markers,and turn signal/parking lights), it also has a new light switch, all kinds of terminal ends for the system, the fuse box has a fan and fuel pump relay built into it and the flashers are built into it also.. plus it has room to expand. whats really cool is that its all protected by a 175 amp mega fuse and also has the optional ignition disconnect for an anti theft device.. yes its a little more money but it sure seems to be a lot more of a complete kit and better protected too. the other thing is its not connected to the wires so i have a lot more options in mounting the fuse box. so far its been a pretty decent install.

Many thanks...in checking car over I'm going to send it out to bead blast...put car in primer for drags....I'll check EZ or maybe just for now put in a race panel with a few toggle switches....gotta get to Lake George NY after Labor Day for the crazy Adirondack Nationals...all the action is in the streets!

-
Back