Replacement mech fan

-

3406pk

Reaction score
I have 7 blade 18" mech fan with thermo clutch, and fan part number #2863216 from my 72 340 Challenger. I was using it on my Duster w 408 and found a crack in a blade so need a replacement fan. I find two aftermarket fans available and I don't need number match in the moded Duster. Hayden 3618 or Flexalite 5718 which are both 18" 6 blade fans for clutch mount. Has anyone used either of those, do they fit stock clutch, and will they cool like stock fans.
See revised info in post #5

Last edited:
They are excellent fans Hayden has great quality. I'm using there short mopar fan clutch. I haven't ran it yet so I can only speak to the quality of the product.

I have 7 blade 18" mech fan with thermo clutch, and fan part number #2863216 from my 72 340 Challenger. I was using it on my Duster w 408 and found a crack in a blade so need a replacement fan. I find two aftermarket fans available and I don't need number match in the moded Duster. Hayden 3618 or Flexalite 5718 which are both 18" 6 blade fans for clutch mount. Has anyone used either of those, do they fit stock clutch, and will they cool like stock fans.
I`ve got an 18" stainless steel flex fan, was too big for my set up, had to go to a 17",---- if ur interested .

I used a fan from an F body (17.5 if I remember right) and installed the shorter clutch that Hayden makes.

Thanks a lot for advice. Will get the Hayden then. It should work w stock clutch.

Revised info: I got ready to order and in review of Hayden someone said it had warning of 4000 rpm limit and then flexalite had that warning on their website for same size fan. Maybe they are just covering liability, but I got scared off. Ordered new correct pn 2863216 fan from Mancini to be safe. Wouldn't want problems that could happen, would be more $ than savings on fan price.

Last edited:
-
Back