Replacing Instrument Cluster bulbs with LEDs - Illumination Detail Question - 67 Barracuda

-
Try these, they work in mine.

IMG_0668.png

Years ago, I bought the ebay new circuit boards, built a small wire harness with a ground wire to each light/gauge, welded a stud to the firewall or dash, and grounded my new harness to that.
Replaced the bulbs with Sylvania or whatever I bought.
Not in your retina bright, but bright as I'll ever need.

Cleaned/painted the tail light housings, put in 3496 bulbs, have never replaced.
I use them for all tail lights, more $ than 1157 but none have ever gone out.

20190413_151459.jpg

That...is brilliant!

Do they need additional resistors or anything?
No additional resistors needed. I left my front turn signals as incandescent, so I didn’t even need to change the flasher. The turn signals work the same.

On the dash lights, no resistors needed. I am old and like my dash lights bright, so they are usually at full brightness anyway.

Here is what My cluster looks like with white face overlays I also did My heater a/c with white overlay and I used green led's but I used the led that has 3panels and they are a lot briter than the ones with the 4 around the sides and 1 on top I tried them 1st and not as bright

VID00289.JPG

VID00287.JPG

CAn you post a picture of what your bulbs look like?
I've been busy on My car i'll get the pic on here shortly

LED LIGHT 043.JPG

LED LIGHT 045.JPG

the bottom is like the glass ones and even tho I did ordered them on e-bay all of them worked and they r polerised if it don't light turn it around and it will .For the price I'm happy I thint I paid about a 1.00 to 1.50 each anyway here the r

Last edited:
I've been busy on My car i'll get the pic on here shortly

View attachment 1716208982

View attachment 1716208986
the bottom is like the glass ones and even tho I did ordered them on e-bay all of them worked and they r polerised if it don't light turn it around and it will .For the price I'm happy I thint I paid about a 1.00 to 1.50 each anyway here the r
I only have them in the cluster illumination. The blinkers,high beam indicator,the brake and oil warning still have the regular glass i think its a 194

-
Back