Reproduction 67 Barracuda glass trim

-

wannadrag

Reaction score
Ebay seller has reproduction 67 Barracuda exterior front and rear plastic type glass trim.He claims close to original in appearance.Anyone tried it?Also sells the stainless front glass corners.

Had some of it on my car when I got it and it's just as crappy as the factory stuff. You can get all you want for 50 bucks a roll but I wouldn't give 5 bucks for all they make. The metal corner pieces might be good to have though.

I think everyone is aware of UV rays' effect on vinyl and plastic.
This trim would shrink lengthwise and discolor after a year or 3 of exposure to direct sunlight every day.
If your 67 is a daily driver, expect to replace this part periodically.
If your 67 rarely sees the light of day, expect to replace this part....
someday... maybe.

Its pretty darn close to original appearance. Mine has been installed for over a year and looks the same, although the barracuda is a weekend only car.

Good luck with it,as long as you keep it out of the elements it will be ok.They had a good reason to go with stainless.

It`s just cosmetic, their`s no locking capibility on that stuff.

I beg to differ. It is the same position and serves the same purpose as the black lock cord in similar gaskets. Don't take my word for it though,, put the lock insert in place then try to remove the glass.

Do what I did with my last 67 Cuda.Convert it to 68 stainless.Brand new factory OEM pieces look like crap in no time at all if car is ouside alot.

Do what I did with my last 67 Cuda.Convert it to 68 stainless.Brand new factory OEM pieces look like crap in no time at all if car is ouside alot.

Like I said a grand to convert that I don't want to spend.I'll have $250 in it this way.I live in the snow belt so stored inside 6 months and garaged the other 6.So the only sunlight will some weekend driving.

You can get the new stainless for 259.00 and the gasket for 120.00 and the clip kit for 20.00 plus what the glass guy charges. That's about 600.00 complete. The windshield trim is really common and can be had pretty cheap as several cars had that trim, it's the back glass trim that is so expensive and hard to find. I just bought front and back for my car and will have less than a grand in it complete and it's well worth it to me.

I beg to differ. It is the same position and serves the same purpose as the black lock cord in similar gaskets. Don't take my word for it though,, put the lock insert in place then try to remove the glass.
Well, we`ll just agree to disagree.
The stuff he`s gonna buy looks like this.
original left-ebay right

Attachments

• trim 003.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 138
The stuff I had looked like the plastic on the right and the sun destroyed it in a year. I found that when the plastic pops out it starts to leak when it rains and when I washed it. It was a major pain as the sun would reshape it in short order and it would never stay in place no matter how many times you put it back. Big difference between the factory stuff and repop but both junk in my opinion.

A friend of mine used to say the the stuff used on the 80's Dodge Ram trucks was the same or similiar, but I've never actually checked it out.

-
Back