Reproduction Big Block Upper Rad Hose

-

scatpackbee

Reaction score
Hello Fellow FABO’ers,

Does anyone know where can I get a GOOD reproduction of the ‘68 big block upper rad hose part number 2863209?

I bought one from Mega Parts that’s was “cut to fit” but I ended having to cut so much to make it fit correctly that the Corbin clamp ended up being on top of the part number stencil. Obviously the part number was not stamped in the correct location on that hose. I also found that hose had a very coarse texture which I’ve never seen on an original Mopar hose.

Thanks for any info.

How come we don´t get any respond to this question?
Apparently there are good and less good reproductions out there...

Maybe it’s because there is no car information, like year, engine size, radiator size, A/C no A/C? The item number given is obsolete, unless you want to pay $245 for an NOS. I wouldn’t buy an NOS consumable item, that’s just my opinion.

Also, possibly because there are so few original 68 big block A Bodies out there that few, if any, companies are going to be willing to spend the money to produce a part that may only result in a few hundred sales over several years. Bringing a decent quality reproduction part to market is expensive. Notice I said 'original 68 big block A Bodies' above. I focused 'original' because I assumed that most guys who stuff a big block into an engine compartment where a slant six used to live weren't going to worry about using a factory correct looking hose.

Well, on a forum like this, you like to think someone with a BB in his ´68, would give a short review on what he has...

Well, on a forum like this, you like to think someone with a BB in his ´68, would give a short review on what he has...

I can post some pictures of my 68 Charger with a 440 upper radiator hose if @scatpackbee would like.

Hello Fellow FABO’ers,

Does anyone know where can I get a GOOD reproduction of the ‘68 big block upper rad hose part number 2863209?

I bought one from Mega Parts that’s was “cut to fit” but I ended having to cut so much to make it fit correctly that the Corbin clamp ended up being on top of the part number stencil. Obviously the part number was not stamped in the correct location on that hose. I also found that hose had a very coarse texture which I’ve never seen on an original Mopar hose.

Thanks for any info.
I got mine from 440Source

I got mine from 440Source
Same place I bought mine too.

IMG_5772.jpeg

Here is my engine bay.

216EBC54-C34D-43FB-8B91-90E044C20529.jpeg

The reproduction hose I bought was “cut to fit” but to make it fit correctly I had to trim so close to the part number stamping that the Corbin clamp is right on the print.

Here is my engine bay.

View attachment 1716140350

The reproduction hose I bought was “cut to fit” but to make it fit correctly I had to trim so close to the part number stamping that the Corbin clamp is right on the print.
Nice,
Is this a ´67 radiator? Not familiar with those. Inlet looks to be 2-3" closer to center, compared to a the ´68 033 BB radiator...

-
Back