Reproduction Fiberglass Hoods

-

MoparMuscleGuy

Still plays with cars.
Reaction score
I was thinking of bolting on a reproduction fiberglass hood(Dart six pack style pictured below) on my dart. My original OEM hood is just to beautiful/perfect to cut. Has anyone ordered a reproduction hood from AAR reproductions? http://www.aarqualityfiberglass.com/aboutus.html

If so, How do you like it? How's the fit?, finish?, quality? Thanks, Christopher/MMG

Attachments

• hood.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 620
Heres my AAR sixpack hood on my '70 duster..quality is second to none fit and finish is excellent...

Attachments

• DSCF0206.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 736
Tony Fields has a AAR hood and scope on his 67 barracuda. Looks fantastic and I think he is an experienced fiberglass guy.

Tony Fields has a AAR hood and scope on his 67 barracuda. Looks fantastic and I think he is an experienced fiberglass guy.

Thanks!

Yes Christopher their quality is great and so is the fit. Just think, you wouldn't
have to pay shipping. Just go over and pick it up:thumleft:

One more thing Christopher. You will need to replace the hood hinge springs
for the glass hood. If yours are like this:

I also had to cut a couple of coils from the front spring. It wanted to push the
hood up cockeyed. You can get the coiled up hinge springs from any mid to late 80's Dodge Daytona or LeBaron. They work great...that's what I have on mine.

Attachments

• a20.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 605
  • a22.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 591
One more thing Christopher. You will need to replace the hood hinge springs
for the glass hood. If yours are like this:

I thought that there was glass hoods specifically(strong enough) for hinge applications out there in the market? as apposed to a lighter/less strong 4 corner pinned application.

Let me be enlightened....

I thought that there was glass hoods specifically(strong enough) for hinge applications out there in the market? as apposed to a lighter/less strong 4 corner pinned application.

Let me be enlightened....

The bolt on hoods are strong enough for hinged applications. You just have to use lighter springs. Glass hoods aren't as heavy and don't need as much spring tension. I believe you can actually crack a glass hood with stock springs.

Prolly the wrong place to ask, but....
Has anyone seen a Duster hood with an AAR Cuda scoop on it? Does anyone make one?

Got an aar fiberglass hood, excellent quality, and fit, mine has no springs on the hood, but a word of advise, Pin the hood!!! Mine started to dance around at about 100 mph, pretty scary!! the fit and finish is awesome though.

your guys ever consider ditching the springs for some hood dampeners..they are pretty common in the import world

tein_hooddamper_wrx.jpg

Prolly the wrong place to ask, but....
Has anyone seen a Duster hood with an AAR Cuda scoop on it? Does anyone make one?
Look up the car called DustAAR, he has the AAR Cuda scoop on his.

Look up the car called DustAAR, he has the AAR Cuda scoop on his.

Spoke with AAR about that hood,and what he had done was sell the customer the two separate pieces and the customer mated them together !! That hood is awesome though !!

Spoke with AAR about that hood,and what he had done was sell the customer the two separate pieces and the customer mated them together !! That hood is awesome though !!

Yeah it is! Now I got to call them to see it they can make me a bolt on fiberglass hood for my duster. The hood I want is a stock style e body cuda hood that's been setup for the shaker system

While we are on the subject.... I bumped into a vender at Mopar nats[I think] that had six pack hood scoops(and others) that were exaggerated like this forum members.......... any idea who he was[the vendor that is] or where they can be had?

Attachments

• Purp70.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 439
I bought a compleate front end from AAR the fit and finish is second to none . I got the street version with the bolt on hood.Will need to fill the 69 marker cutouts to make a 67 no biggie.
Roscoe

Thanks!

Yes Christopher their quality is great and so is the fit. Just think, you wouldn't
have to pay shipping. Just go over and pick it up:thumleft:

This company is only 15 minutes from my house. That saves a lot of money in shipping indeed. MMG

-
Back