Request a few prayers for Rustyratrod

-
I was glad to read your post and that you and your lady are ok. I hope the pain lessens over the next few days.

Very sorry to hear about your accident.

Keep an eye on Kitty in case there are any "hidden/internal" injuries (hopefully not).

Don't give God all of the credit, your driving DID HELP!!! Good job on avioding the bystanders.

If the "at fault" person has State Farm, you can get a reasonable settlement, otherwise you may have to fight the insurance company.

I'm glad both of you were able to walk away without any major injuries.

Hang in there, we're all going through some tough times...

I'm glad to hear all is o.k. for now! Keep a close eye on Kitty, as sometimes it takes a while for a serious injury to become apparent.
I'm glad that your little Ranger protected you both enough so that you were able to walk away!

Boooo... Sorry to hear you, your lady and truck got all jarred up. I'm glad you both fared better than your truck.

I had a similar experience, about two and a half years ago.

I was on a 5 lane, in the HOV, complete left. Someone from the right turn, cut across all lanes to get to the McDonald's, in a rental. I saw him coming, no mirror check, no shoulder. I floored the gas, got in front of him, except for the corner of my truck bed.

The only reason I was still going straight is because I veered left, went on to the shoulder, on to the empty sidewalk and the idiot still managed to hit me, horns blazing and all.

There were no injuries, thankfully, although I did learn a lesson;

Some counties don't require a police officer to come to a non-injury accident, unless you request it on the phone, when you call the emergency in. Don't ever file a report online, per their suggestion. The guy filed his own report, instead of following up on mine and said I hit him. My insurance adjuster took one look at his car, one at my truck and laughed. He didn't have rental insurance, so I know he got hit with $2k worth of bodywork on the rental he was in.

The things people will do for an egg McMuffin. I've also noticed a lot of other accidents at that McDonald's parking lot entrance as well as others. I stay away from the enter/ exiting lanes when I know a McDonald's is coming up. Someone should report them to DOT as a traffic hazard... maybe put a traffic control cop with Ronald McDonald makeup at each one...

The cops were advising us not to go talk to the other driver, because she was really belligerent, so I stayed away.

Doesn't surprise me.

Well, I hope my story brightens your day.

Take care, Rob.

Went to pay the fee on the truck in the impound yard. 208 damn dollars for "recovery" and towing plus two days in the impound. It's a racket I tell you. That was right out of my pocket. Got no choice cause I don't know how long all of this is gonna take. I want my truck right here where I know it will be ok. No tellin what all gets stole off of um in the impound lot. Damn damn damn double damn.

Went to pay the fee on the truck in the impound yard. 208 damn dollars for "recovery" and towing plus two days in the impound. It's a racket I tell you. That was right out of my pocket. Got no choice cause I don't know how long all of this is gonna take. I want my truck right here where I know it will be ok. No tellin what all gets stole off of um in the impound lot. Damn damn damn double damn.

Towing business is a license to steal especially the storage fees. Do you have towing insurance? That should cover everything but the storage.

I' say the man upstairs may have had a little to do with the outcome glad all involved are ok

Sure we have towing insurance, but we have to wait for reimbursement. We live hand to mouth. We needed it last week.

See, here's the thing. If I file on MY policy, I have to come across with a 1K deductible. That's not right. I was not at fault. So I have to wait on the other insurance company. I have no choice.

Money out the pocket ,hurts. Just ,Damn.... Hang tight,R.M....

Thanks for the update. Been wondering all day. When your broke, added expenses and waiting for payments don't help one bit. Hang in there Rob.

See, here's the thing. If I file on MY policy, I have to come across with a 1K deductible. That's not right. I was not at fault. So I have to wait on the other insurance company. I have no choice.

That sucks. All the tow in policies (Oklahoma) I have ever seen don't go towards any deductible since they are a separate coverage all together with no deductible. They are under roadside assistance.

If you haven't already Rob, get your agent up to speed on this. Not saying to accept anything from your company, but they should assist in dealing with the other company.....As in, putting some heat on them!

I got hit years ago in a company truck. Our insurance got us back on the road quick, and then dealt with getting reimbursed from the at fault company. Not the best scenario, but a option if it would help you out?

I went ahead and filed the claim tonight. They said the deductible would either come out of the settlement for the truck, or I could pay the body shop. I've known the boys that own the body shop since grammar school so I think I am ok there. I will get some pics when I can. Thanks for all the well wishes yall. What a mess. I hope things start to turn around. Damn.

If you haven't already Rob, get your agent up to speed on this. Not saying to accept anything from your company, but they should assist in dealing with the other company.....As in, putting some heat on them!

I got hit years ago in a company truck. Our insurance got us back on the road quick, and then dealt with getting reimbursed from the at fault company. Not the best scenario, but a option if it would help you out?

Yes. They pretty much said as much tonight. I should have known better. We've been with Geico since 1996 and they have always been awesome. Kitty backed into my Dodge M37 in her 02 Corolla and did over 4500 dollars damage to the Corolla. Knocked some primer off the M37 bumper. No joke. The Corolla's back bumper and trunk were all the way up to the rear window. We had a check in the mail in two days to fix the car.

Damn Rob, I leave for a few days and return to this???
Prayers sent for you and Kitty.
C

2 days in the impound? Didnt this just happen yesterday?? Should go by the hourly timeframe! That's only one day!!! Ripoff!!!!

Poor Corolla.....Never had a chance.:D

Mine was similar. HD Isuzu flatbed vs a Volvo wagon. I'm driving thru a parking lot at about 5mph when a major crunch came out of nowhere. This woman backed out of a space right into me. Unfortunately she took out the saddle tank. I have no idea what the cleanup costs ended up being, but they treated it like a hazmat situation. And the Volvo was about 1ft shorter with the rear gate glass and tail lights scattered all over the place...:D. Found out that she had two new cars in the last 6mos because of other incidents she was involved in. :banghead:

-
Back