Requiescat in pace - Rockefeller

-

2 Darts

A-body Addicted
Reaction score
Ever have a best (furry) friend who understood at least part of the car thing? My friend's dog, Rockefeller was such an animal. He loved going for rides in the Dakota. This is how he rode, until he got bored. At that point he would coil up in ball in the passenger seat. Rockefeller has recently gone on to chase squirrels in another dimension.

Attachments

• small 2837.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 64
  • small 2839.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 78
RIP. Labs are cool. My Dad's bookeeper's husband had a black lab, and everytime he'd park his pickup downtown, the dog would slide over into the driver's seat and "drive." Funnier 'n heck to go by and there'd be the dog

yea, I had a buddy who's dog understood the word ride - so we had to spell it out when the dog was around or he would go nuts at the door - was a great dog too. It is sad when they go - I am sure you're feeling the loss too - be thankful for, and remember, the good.

RIP. Labs are cool. My Dad's bookeeper's husband had a black lab, and everytime he'd park his pickup downtown, the dog would slide over into the driver's seat and "drive." Funnier 'n heck to go by and there'd be the dog

Exactly what my black lab "Willie" used to do. The black guys at work said I was racist for naming him "Willie". Don't know why. Go figure.

Exactly what my black lab "Willie" used to do. The black guys at work said I was racist for naming him "Willie". Don't know why. Go figure.

No, they were the racist one's for accusing you over a name.

You could have named him Uncle Tom.

That'd do it. :D

I had a dog named 'Koon" They would have loved that one! We do love our dogs. RIP.

yea, I had a buddy who's dog understood the word ride - so we had to spell it out when the dog was around or he would go nuts at the door - w...........

Used to have a friend with a dog ....lab ....red setter mix, he was a loon. Named "chump" If you made the mistake of uttering the "r" word, he would attempt to get into or onto whatever you were "doing." If you were sitting on a bike, he'd try to get on. Picnic table, ditto? Lawn chair? You were toast.

"Herbie" had bought about a 22 ft cabin cruiser from a repo, and had it jacked up on blocks cleaning it up. The gunwale was some 9' above ground. We got aboard by standing on a 5 or 6' stepladder, and hoisting up over the side.

I had gone to his place and he was showing it off, and I went aboard the tub. I looked down there and "Chump" was sitting down there on his ***. "Chump go for a ride?" And that damn thing took about 4 running steps and WAS IN THAT BOAT!!!"

-
Back