Researching original owner?

-

IdahoCarson

Reaction score
I was looking for information about the original owner of my car. Found his wife’s obituary. It says they were into building and racing stock cars. Can’t find much more, I’m not that good at interneting. Does anyone have any good ideas? I would love to find out more about the man or a picture of one of his race cars.
37119571-38C2-4516-BD85-8C054F3E1E34.jpeg
F99C46BC-9513-490E-8EB7-FA1A507905B5.jpeg

There are websites that with that info you can do people searches.

Spokeo is one of them.
Small fee for a bunch of info like children etc.
Spokeo - People Search | White Pages | Reverse Phone Lookup

Find the local news paper in montana and talk to them about running a story about the car and your search for the owner on the certicard

Or hire a PI

Just googled Marvine. He has a surviving son and grandkids.

The obit on his wife has all the info you need.

Vivian R. Randall Obituary (1922 - 2018) Great Falls Tribune

Google the names of the son and grandkids in GT. Falls Montana and start sending letters.

My bet is you will find one who can shed some light.

Just be very respectfull and realize that this car might have good memories or bad associated with it

Last edited:
The police have a way. I was REALLY upset after getting a threatening letter from the local SO. A truck I had long ago sold had been impounded, illegally parked, and they were looking to sell it. I called them up, and told them "my name has not been associated with that truck for at least 4 years. WHY??" They told me they were "required to do so." I asked them how did they, my name is not on any records. "Well we have back records that nobody else can access."

I’m trying to contact one of the grandkids. I’ll keep you guys updated. Looks like the whole family was big into stock car racing. Hopefully I can get some history or even photos.

Thank you, Carson

He and his family feel like family members now.

I’m trying to contact one of the grandkids. I’ll keep you guys updated. Looks like the whole family was big into stock car racing. Hopefully I can get some history or even photos
If you are close enough maybe a road trip.

The info you could get is awesome.

The great granddaughter already got back to me and is giving my email to her father. I’m excited to learn more about Marvin, his racing exploits and cars. I’ll be sure to share what ever I find with you all.

I joined facebook just to trace my Colt. I found all the owners, and some other information. Not saying you want to do that but it worked for me. Tracked all the way back to mid 1970's when the Colt was built.

If you are close enough maybe a road trip.

The info you could get is awesome.
I’m actually working at the refinery in the town the great granddaughter lives in right now. I spend quite a bit of time in this part of Montana. If they are interested I would definitely bring the car over when it’s road worthy.

I joined facebook just to trace my Colt. I found all the owners, and some other information. Not saying you want to do that but it worked for me. Tracked all the way back to mid 1970's when the Colt was built.
I made a Instagram account just to reach out to the great granddaughter. She responded almost immediately.

That is awesome.

I love people who love cars. Most think of them as a tool. But a lot of us think of them as family.

Just a little update. I got a email from Marvin’s grandson Guy, he remembers the Valiant and would like to talk on the phone. He says he can tell me quite a bit about it and the stock cars his grandpa and uncle built and raced. I’ll keep you posted!

I smell a TV series here.

Like "Finding your roots" but for cars

Just a little update. I got a email from Marvin’s grandson Guy, he remembers the Valiant and would like to talk on the phone. He says he can tell me quite a bit about it and the stock cars his grandpa and uncle built and raced. I’ll keep you posted!
Cool car and awesome story! Sounds like it's fixin to get even better!

I have been emailing back and forth with Guy. Turns out his aunt still has some parts his uncle was planning on building the car with. A “larger rear end” some Hyper-Pak parts and some disc brake conversion parts. As always I’ll keep you in the loop as I find out more.

Carson

Happy belated 47th birthday Marvin; Brand new Plymouth Valiant. Some guys have all the luck!:thumbsup:
Birthdate 11-28-1919
Certicard 11-16-1966
Passed away at 68 years young.

@IdahoCarson How long have you had the car?

I’ve had it almost a year now. I got it running and pulled into my garage. Been waiting on parts, I have picked up quite a bit for it.

Ok, so I talked with Guy today. Marvin bought the Valiant new for his wife Vivian. She drove it around Great Falls until the mid 80’s when she got a convertible K car of some sort.

Some time in early 90’s Guy’s uncle got the Valiant, pulled the engine in the family muffler shop and had their engine guy rebuild it. At that time he started gathering parts. A Dutra Hyper-Pak intake the “larger rear end and they built a custom header at the muffler shop, all of which is still at his aunts house.

my dad was born in 1918, died in 1980. many of his friends also didnt make 65

Marvin started racing in the early 50’s in a 30’s Plymouth coup he built. The last car Guy remembered him running was a 70’ Road Runner. His uncles and dad were all racing Mopars all over Montana. He’sgoing to see what he can dig up for pictures.

-
Back