Resetting Odometer to 000000

-
Its kind of a joke with vintage car odometers , not only have most of them been disconnected for years , most of them are likely not from the car they are in . How many E bodys are out there with a rally dash that was added from another car ? I bet the law applys to any type of tampering with the speedo , but like one poster said , if you do it and not represent it as actual mileage you are not misrepresenting it , although i doubt the law will see it that way

Hey guys,
I had my instrument cluster restored, but neglected to tell them to zero the odometer, and they put it back to the original mileage. I would like to reset it to Zero. Running it forward with a drill, takes forever. Has anyone ever taken a cluster apart and moved the numbers on the odometer?

Look here: [ame="http://www.docstoc.com/docs/98076851/Mopar-Speedometer-and-Odometer-Problems"]Mopar Speedometer and Odometer Problems@@AMEPARAM@@doc_id=98076851&mem_id=17117594&@@AMEPARAM@@98076851@@AMEPARAM@@17117594[/ame]

Give it a second to load, don't click download OR print, it will ask for money, lol.

The document shows you on page 2 and 3 how to do it, click on "full screen" at the top of the box, it's easier to read.

Them spring clits will get you every time.

drill? Use a dremel! 30000 rpm will make the miles fly by....;-)
1000 revolutions per mile on most 60-80 cars...cordless drill at 900 rmp, thats ~ a mile a minute? Get yourself the entire "Victory at Sea" collection on DVD, your going to be here a while......@30000, thats 30 miles a minute, just saying. But youll probably toast your speedo at 30000 rpm, or roughly 1800 MPH.

I read your entire post and busted a gut laughing. Thanks, I needed that.

-
Back