Restoration of my 70 Dart Swinger (Germany)

-
cool great job keep up with the fine details, that is wut people notice and it will show how much hard work u got into it

Hey Guys,
got new Update here in Germany.
The Progress is good and the Dart has now Paint from the Inside,a new Undercoating and Paint on it. My Painter makes good Work and i think it will completely Paint in about 2 Weeks.
Unfortunately i have to travel next Week to Mexico for 4 Weeks to work over there.:angry7:
But my Painter makes all the Work and when i come Home it will be finished!:cheers::cheers:

Here are a few Pics of Progress.

cimg0540large.jpg

cimg0543large.jpg

12mar20097.jpg

cimg0551large.jpg

cimg0499largeu.jpg

cimg0557large.jpg

cimg0562largelarge.jpg

cimg0568largem.jpg

cimg0566large.jpg

cimg0567large.jpg

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Wow Tom I did not know that you were posting here! I did not realize that you got your car like that in the beginning. Great work! Maybe we can talk about me replacing my roof since you have experience with large panels. Datteln 2007 was hell with all the rain and no rain coat inside the car:-D

Great work on the engine. 8) Is it possible that when your 67 engine was re-bored that pistons from a later year model were added? My books say that 67-69 318s used the same piston. These have have 4 valve reliefs cut into them and have the lowest deck depth of any of the 318s. To meet air polution standards the compression was dropped in 70 and again in 72. The later pistons were flat tops. The 72 piston was used though the end of production of the LA in 1986.

The engine in my Demon is a 68 318. The first photo is of the engine with the new pistons. The second photo shows why I got the engine so cheap. The top ring is cracked, the second and third rings were fused together and the piston skirt was broken off and stuck in the oil pump pickup. Yet, the engine would run when removed from the donor car (replaced by a BB). The bore responded to honing and did not need to be re-bored.

DSCN1902s.JPG

IMG_3985s.JPG

Ok, thats interesting! Don´t know whether the Pistons fit from other Motors. I bought the Motor in the finished Stadium. Haven´t measure the Bore.

@Cory:

Yes i posted here long Time ago. Hope we can talk in quiet on the MM this Year.
Maybe i can help you!

Hey DieWilde 13...don't loose those nuts and bolts! Parts are plenty hard to come by in Europe for the "Yank Tanks," but lot of us forget that SAE hardware is not readily available,too! Lived in Germany for 8 years- had a great time, learned quite abit, and met a lot of cool Germans.

You are an amazing mechanic. The work you have done on that car is amazing. Good job man. Keep it up

Hi to Germany,I was born over there in a place called Clausthal- Zellerfeld, don,t know if your anywere near there , its cool to see the A body interest is over there as well.You are doing a great job on your restoration of that 70 Dart ,very cool car and an interesting thread to watch.

Gerhard (Gary over here)

Looking good, especially the rear quarters and roof.

After looking for Gifforn is on the map, I'm wondering how the car got where it was when you found it. Most American military stationed in Germany were well south of where you are. There wasn't a large American military contingent in that part of Germany until the late 70s, possibly the source of the car.

Yes you are right, but i get the first Car, the 4-door from the South of Germany.
The Dart now i have buy it by Dortmund.:happy10:

Now i have a Update for u Guys. I get the Car from the Paintjob one Day before i have to travel to Mexico.After my Trip to Mexico i began the assembling.
Now i have the Time to post a few new Pics.

aufb.jpg

aufb2.jpg

aufb4.jpg

motaufb.jpg

motaufb2.jpg

p1010060large.jpg

p1010061large.jpg

p1010062large.jpg

p1010064large.jpg

That car is looking great. You can do mine next :) lol

It´s going ahead!!

cimg0015large.jpg

cimg0019large.jpg

cimg0022large.jpg

cimg0029large.jpg

cimg0017large.jpg

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

unfortunarly i have to travel to Mexico again for 4 Weeks....

Diewilde, you have done a fantastic job on your Dart especially without all of the parts readily available as you would have here in the states. It`s great to see the interest is strong in our A-body Mopars over in Germany. Again incredible work, hurry back from Mexico I can`t wait to see more! :thumbup:

I have been watching this thread for a while. Great work and dedication. Sounds great too. Honestly I have junked cars with much less rust than what you had on yours. Can't wait to see it finished. I can't imagine how difficult it would be trying to find parts for a mopar in Germany. I will never complain about driving 5 minutes to NAPA for a part again. Keep us posted.

Thanks for the Flowers Guys!
Have now the Restoration of my Grill finished. Ithink i can drive in the next 2 Weeks!
:cheers:

cimg0479larger.jpg

cimg0481large.jpg

-
Back