Restore or Restomod

-
My wife's preference is that I keep it fairly close to stock in appearance, and I will keep the original dark turquoise, mostly because the paint is still like new in the door jams and trunk! I like the original style interior, especially the GT because of the high trim level.
But the power train and the suspension will be upgraded though. No sense suffering with 47 year old engineering if I can modernize economically. Will be spending some quality boneyard time for the front discs and 8 3/4 or Dana 60 (Herb McCandless suggested I go Dana 60 with a 4 speed stroker Gen3, 440 or 426) Herb said when they were running8 3/4" early in the Super Stock cars and blowing them up almost every run. When they switched to the Dana 60's no more problems. I have broken the pinion on two 8 3/4" rears, but never hurt the Dana 60 in the Hemi car. I have broken two Dana 70's in my 1st Gen Dodge though... but not since I went with a Detroit Locker! :tard:

Was trying to find a '69 Barracuda Rallye dash for the Dart, but they are crazy expensive, so sticking with the stock sweep.

I talked with Dakota digital I believe it was and they said they would retro fit a sweep cluster.

Restomod, I appreciate restored cars, but not enough to own one. I'll vote for the 5.7 as well, the best thing I've done to old cars is put newer injected engines in them. I actually enjoy and drive my old cars now, lol!

-
Back