Restored my air cleaner!

-

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
Aloha! I bought this air cleaner from a FABO member and just finished restoring it! It look pretty good I think. Used the Plasti-Kote Wrinkle paint. Followed the directions and left it in the sun. When I was done applying the paint...Neat to watch it start to WRINKLE!!!!

Mahalo!

If you were my battery the bottom picture would be your view!

Unslienced air cleaner installed and restored 5-23-08 (14) SMALL.JPG

Unslienced air cleaner installed and restored 5-23-08 (7) Small.JPG

Lookin good man I did my dash years ago with that wrinkle paint pretty cool stuff
Bruce
PS you got me hooked on that kona

Looks good. I used Eastwoods wrinkle finish on my commando valve covers with nice results too. Following instructions is the key. Where / When we will ever use the leftover in th can is a puzzle. LOL

Lookin good man I did my dash years ago with that wrinkle paint pretty cool stuff
Bruce
PS you got me hooked on that kona

Speedyb----it's always the good/expensive stuff that gets us hooked...coffee...girls...cars...cars....=P~

Redfish...I got two half full cans!!! I used half of one can on the lid...and wanted to make sure I had enough for the base...so I used can number two...

Hey anyone want several cans of half used wrinkle paint...redfish and I got a sale goin' on!:toothy10:

I used Krylon wrinkle paint on my Chrome Mopar performance unsilenced air cleaner. Just scuff it with 220 grit, and the paint adheres pretty good. Just don't paint the underside. Leave it chrome

This is an inexpensive alternative to spending $250 on a used rusted original on eBay.

IMG_0627 (Medium).JPG

Awesome job! I used it on my slant valve cover along with some red and silver for a factory yet kewl look,beautiful car you have there!

two for two.JPG

Looks awesome. I'm going to buy a fibreglass air cleaner bottom without snokels that looks just like yours. I'm hoping my pie pan will fit it. Can you tell me what the diameter of your pie pan is? Thanks.

My mistake Dfsmn, I didn't realise the pie pan sat on top the air cleaner cover. What I really wanted to know was the diameter of the cover. I refinished one in Hemi Orange. It is 17 1/2 inches in diameter. I hope it will fit.

-
Back