Restoring a 1974 Dart Swinger.

-
When I was doing my rebuild I got to that point of either I was going back with the wing or do BB stripes. I went with the wing, I think it is a personal choice but I like it better than the stripe for the '74.

Guess it's just me then, I kind a like them....well "NO" I love them. Just my two cents :) 8) ;)

When I was doing my rebuild I got to that point of either I was going back with the wing or do BB stripes. I went with the wing, I think it is a personal choice but I like it better than the stripe for the '74.

I think it looks bad cause I don't have a scoop or anything on it right now. And kinda sticks out as the only non-green object currently on the car and may look better once my black hood and scoop are on her. Looks great on yours because the 6 pack scoop matches the color and evens it out.

Your Dart looks "Great" by the way love it. :)
Thanks. Your looks pretty awesome too. The green with purple is very different and separates yours from the rest

Thank you for the kind words. I only had so much money at the time so a color switch wasn't in the budget. So I love Plum Crazy so that's the accent color. I think it looks better in person.

Thanks again, yours is "Great Looking"

I think it looks bad cause I don't have a scoop or anything on it right now. And kinda sticks out as the only non-green object currently on the car and may look better once my black hood and scoop are on her. Looks great on yours because the 6 pack scoop matches the color and evens it out.

Well it was part of the whole package. I also took all of the window trim and the drip rails and had them powder coated black and did the grill in black. I had a hard time convincing the guy who made the rims to paint them black on the spokes. He said they would not look good but I insisted and "BAM" they look great. The only two colors on the car are yellow and black and a little chrome thrown in for good measure. You should make a plan on what you want the car to look like and then go from there. I had a hard time trying to envision what she would look like but then I made a plan. From that I knew what I wanted it to look like and stuck by my guns even when others said it wasn't for them.

Well Time for an update. I Have done a few things to her just not as much as I would like as I have been building the Valiant 4 door we picked up not long ago.

First I started test fitting my Tranny cooler of an early 2000s crown vic. Decided against usin it on the Dart as I will be putting the A/C back on later on down the road. But the cooler will be goin on the 73 Duster with the 440/727 in it.
But here are pics anyway

And since these pics were taken I have installed the rest of the wiring and the Battery tray and some other odds and ends.

Attachments

• IMG_8959.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_8944.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_8946.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_8957.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_8950.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 144
Finally got around to painting the top of my hood and did body work to the scoop like smoothing it out instead of having the uneven rough casting marks that were there from the mold making process stinger used.
So I have had the underside painted for quite sometime now and finally bought the materials to pint the topside.
To paint the topside I used bed liner that comes in a gallon but purchased the cheaper knockoff brand that Harbor Freight also carries.
I decided to roll it on with a 4 inch roller instead of spraying or brushing it on.
It gives it a great rough texture that is very close to what the factory used called orangasol.
It is super easy to keep clean

Now all I need to do is order me a set of SS Hood Pin Kit with 23 inch Lanyards.
Also need to reinstall all wheel we trim and marker light from when I polished the car and only have to do the passenger side with the electric buffer and she will be all done.

Attachments

• IMG_0344.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0347.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0350.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0362.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0361.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0360.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 134
Next just need to get a 360 from a buddy in the car club to regasket and paint then stuff in there once tranny is gone through

Need to finish my radio install with a pair of speakers in the dash using one of the mounts I purchased from Jeremy Here is a link to them they are great and he ships quick too: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=129759&highlight=speaker+bracket

Want to see how my Volare Seats with A body tracks fit in the car to replace the racing sits that don't fit me right they aren't wide enough for me to have my back hit the seat before my shoulders. Will have to weld up all the holes the guy drilled in the floor to install the racing seats

Weld in some patch panels to finish and seal the trunk off then coat it with the same bed liner as the hood.

Also plan to take the interior back out to put down a fat mat type material that can be purchased in large rolls from Lowe's for sound deadening and heat shield

Have to remove the windshield to install new trim clips to hold on the windshield trim.
This will make it easier for me to go through the dash harness and replace my wiper pivots with units I rebuilt as the ones installed are damaged and don't move smoothly

Gonna try my hand at touch up repair from years of chips and scratches from sitting in the garage just need to get some paint matched and mixed

Last thing would be to get my CMX wheels repaired and cleaned up get in between the spokes repaint with black and possibly powder coat them with clear to keep them lookin good forever

This is all I can think of now but the list will get longer as time goes on

Makin myself a spoiler
This is the rough cutout of cardboard but is pretty much the shape it will be
Just need to get my hands on some 1/8 inch sheet aluminum and she will be permanent

Attachments

• IMG_0533.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0534.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0538.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0540.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0530.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0531.jpg