Resurrecting the EvilScamp project

-
ah yes its a great project , effectively the scamp is very similar to the Dart .

Some pics please ?

Looks like another year has gone by and the Scamp has been almost untouched!
A couple weeks ago i got the welding finished up on the roof and replaced the door striker, and i also managed to work on it for a few hours today stripping paint and doing some body work.
For some reason i just can't seem to stay on this car!

I will be posting a couple updated pics. tomorrow, i'm planning on having all the bodywork done and have the body in primer by spring but who knows if i'll get it that far!

Making some forward progress, started filling the roof where it was fixed and also put a thin coat over the qtr. wasn't quite satisfied with it yet.
Also started sanding the paint off the roof, don't know what kind of paint it is but it's tough stuff to get off!

031-6.jpg

030-6.jpg

032-5.jpg

026-6.jpg

Almost forgot i got all the holes in the firewall filled and cut off all the holders for the wiring, gonna make my own whenever i get that far.

033-4.jpg

And i picked this up a couple weeks ago for the Duster, not real happy with the fit and finish but hopefully i can massage it and make it look presentable!

024-7.jpg

Your Scamp is looking good, looks like it will be pretty bada$$ when it's done!

that looks like the one i goty from ebay. cnsmoparparts.

i overpaid for my piece of crap.
hope yours comes out a lot nicer than mine.

good luck with the scamp. what i try to do is make at least some progress every week. even if its just cleaning something pr tighteniong a bolt.

michael

Looks like it's time to update this thread!
Got the body work done on the drivers side, gotta massage the top body yet just a little.
I also decided i'm not happy with the firewall when i made it heater delete, i'm gonna cut all that back out and redo it.
I'm hoping to have all the bodywork done and in primer by spring!

002-4_zpsee97fdcf.jpg

005-6_zps7cf20d15.jpg

The passenger side is almost done except for the roof pillar, hopefully can finish that on Sunday.
009-6_zps11802fc1.jpg

But just when i thought i was done, i found this hiding under the paint on the right rocker panel! Previous owner welded a patch over the rust hole and puttied over it! More cutting and welding!

008-6_zps992491cc.jpg

You have very nice metal patching skilzzz!

Now get back to work on it!! oh crap I guess that was meant to myself..... haaa

Nice thread(and skills),E/S!.Nice to see you,sticking to the project long term.

What color are you planning on painting it Kev?

Black on black of course! :burnout: I have owned it for almost 14 years and everybody always refers to it as my black car, so it would really screw them up if i paint it a different color! LOL

Looking good, Glad to see a few familiar faces coming back !

I'm always in and out Adam, i post here and there.

Have you heard anything from Tony(onehellofadart)? I noticed he's not on my facebook anymore and he doesn't post here anymore, hope he's ok! He's always been a member i wanted to meet in person after all the ball busting we did to each other over the years.:poke:

-
Back